Motorola Droid Ultra
Motorola Droid Ultra Information:
The Motorola Droid line launched exclusively on Verizon's vast network back in 2009 and really helped make Android a household word. The latest crop was just released in August 2013 - Droid Mini, Droid Maxx and Droid Ultra - just before their original Moto X and they share many features. The mini speaks for itself, the Maxx has a huge 3500 mAh battery and the Ultra is designed to be thin...only 7.2mm - but it has a good build to it and does not feel like it would snap like a cracker.
The Motorola Droid Ultra has a 5-inch HD AMOLED display, which means it has a resolution of 12080 x 720 pixels and 294 pixels-per-inch (PPI). It uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro - a dual-core processor clocked at 1.7GHz, but configured by Motorola and called a Motorola X8. This is hooked up to 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage with no microSD card for expansion. This combination gives a fast and smooth operation at all times...Motorola calls it optimizing the hardware and software.
For photos, the main shooter is a 10MP ClearPixel with auto focus and LED Flash. The secondary camera or front-facing camera is 2MP for video chatting and selfies. Powering the entire smartphone is a 2130mAh battery that will last you all day. All of this comes in a device measuring 137.5 x 71.2 x 7.2mm and weighing in at 137 grams. It has been upgraded to Android 4.4.4 KitKat with an almost pure vanilla form, however, it does have some great Motorola features - Active Display, Touchless Control and Droid Zap...and of course, all of the bloat that Verizon can squeeze in.
AndroidHeadlines.com Motorola Droid Ultra Articles:
- Featured Review: Motorola DROID Ultra
- Evleaks Confirms new Motorola Model Numbers - Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx, Droid Mini and Moto X
- Motorola Droid Ultra Gets Officially Announced; Thinnest Droid Yet With 24 Percent Speed Boost
- The Official Specs for the Motorola Droid MAXX, Droid Ultra and Droid Mini
- Download Wallpapers From The New Motorola Droid Ultra
- Evidently Motorola DROID Ultra Can Connect to AT&T's HSPA+ With No Changes
- Motorola Joining the Phablet Race with 6.3-inch Display and Working on Droid Ultra Follow-Up
- Droid MAXX and Droid Ultra Receive OTA Updates From Verizon - Includes 50GB of Google Drive Space for 2 Years!
- Verizon Updates DROID Ultra, MAXX and Mini to Android 4.4 KitKat Starting Today
- Motorola DROID Ultra, Maxx and Mini Jumping to 4.4.3, Bypassing Android 4.4.2
Motorola Droid Ultra Comparisons:
- Moto X Touchless Control vs DROID Ultra Touchless Control: Which Is Faster?
- Android Phone Wars: Moto X vs Motorola Droid Ultra
- Android Phone Wars: Motorola DROID Ultra vs LG G2
- Android Phone Comparisons: Motorola Droid MAXX vs Motorola Droid Ultra
- Android Phone Comparisons: Google Nexus 5 vs Motorola Droid Ultra
Motorola Droid Ultra Accessories:
- Barely There Case by Case Mate
- Screen Film Protectors
- Candy Shell Grip Case
- Navigation Dock for Droids
Additional Motorola Droid Ultra Resources:
- Verizon.com: Motorola Droid Ultra Page
- Motorola Droid Ultra Help Page
- Wikipedia.com Droid Ultra
- Motorola Droid Ultra Forum/ROM
- target="_blank">Motorola Droid Ultra Repair Video
Motorola Droid Ultra Editor Rating:
The Motorola Droid Ultra is a thin device that delivers the goods - the AMOLED display looks great for 720p, the Motorola X8 processor and 2GB or RAM are more than enough all the Ultra to fly through its day-to-day tasks, and the relatively small 2130mAh battery will last you all day, yet allows the device to be only 7.2mm thick. The cameras will take a decent picture and the almost pure Android will guarantee the fastest updates available on Verizon, and the Motorola software really adds many great features. The price of $199 on a two-year plan is not bad for this type of smartphone.
4.2 out of 5.0 Stars
Motorola Droid Ultra Videos:
Motorola Droid Ultra Galleries: