Motorola Droid Mini
Motorola Droid Mini Information:
Motorola launched its new Droid series, exclusively on Verizon, in August 2013 with a Kevlar frame and encrusted body for added strength. This Droid Mini is a true mini, with the same specs as its bigger brothers - other than a smaller size along with a smaller battery. The Droid Mini is very easy to hold in your hand, but the shiny back is a real fingerprint magnet, although a nice case would solve that problem.
The Motorola Droid Mini comes with a 4.3-inch HD LCD display with a resolution pf 1280 x 720 pixels and because of the small screen it still manages 342 pixels-per-inch (PPI). The processing power comes from a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual-core clocked at 1.7GHz - it is tweaked by Motorola and called a Moto X8 and it offers smooth and fast service for all your needs. It comes with a full 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage with no room for expansion. The camera is a straight-forward 10MP with auto focus and LED Flash and the front-facing camera (FFC) is a 2MP shooter for video chatting and selfies.
The Motorola Droid Mini has the usual connection options - Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, A-GPS and a microUSB 2.0 port for charging and data transfer. It also has a few features such as Droid Zap to exchange photos and videos with the swipe of your finger, Wireless Charging, Touchless Controls by using voice commands, and much more. The 2000mAh battery will give you over a day of service and it measures a mere 121.5 x 61.3 x 8.9MM and weighs in at only 130 grams. It runs Android 4.4.4 KitKat (upgraded) in almost a pure form and will cost you $449 no contract or $0 for a two-year contract on Verizon.
AndroidHeadlines.com Motorola Droid Mini Articles:
- Verizon and Motorola Introduce the Droid Mini "Compact without Compromise"
- The Official Specs for the Motorola Droid MAXX, Droid Ultra and Droid Mini
- Is the Motorola DROID Mini Shipping as Early as Tomorrow?
- Verizon to Launch a Red Motorola Droid Mini Soon
- White Droid Mini On Route Towards Verizon Wireless
- AH Awards 2013: Best Android Mini Smartphone of the Year!
- Motorola DROID Mini, Maxx and Ultra Android 4.4.3 Updates Delayed thanks to Android 4.4.4
Motorola Droid Mini Accessories:
Additional Motorola Droid Mini Resources:
- Motorola.com: Droid Mini
- Wikipedia: Motorola Droid Mini
- Motorola Droid Mini Repair
- Motorola Droid Mini Forums/ROM
- Amazon Motorola DROID Mini 16GB Verizon Wireles Black
- Amazon Motorola DROID Mini 16GB Verizon Wireless Red
- Amazon Motorola DROID Mini 16GB Verizon Wireless White
- Amazon OEM Verizon Black Shell For Motorola DROID Mini
- Amazon Diztronic Flexible TPU Case For Motorola DROID Mini
- Amazon SUPERSHIELDZ Screen Protectors For Motorola DROID Mini
Motorola Droid Mini Editor Rating:
The Motorola is one of the best true "minis" out there - actually having the same specs as it big brother, the Droid Ultra...only smaller display and battery, of course - unfortunately, it uses the LCD technology rather than the AMOLED of the Ultra and MAXX. With a 4.3-inch HD display, a Snapdragon S4 Pro that uses Motorola's X8 Mobile System, great battery life and software - like Active Display, Touchless Controls, Droid Zap and wireless charging you just cannot go wrong.
4.0 out of 5.0
Motorola Droid Mini Videos:
Motorola Droid Mini Galleries: