HTC One Max Information:
It took HTC until October 2013 to make an announcement of the HTC One Max – and it is only went to Verizon and Sprint. It is basically a 5.9-inch version of the HTC One M7 with the addition of a fingerprint scanner on the back. The 5.9-inch display is the Super LCD3 Full HD with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and with 373 pixels-per-inch (PPI). The One Max uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor clocked at 1.7GHz, backed by 2GB of RAM and 16GB or 32GB of internal storage with an optional microSD card to add an additional 64GB of storage.
The camera is the same strange affair used on the One M7 with 4MP of UltraPixels and a 2.1MP front-facing camera (FFC) and that great BoomSound dual stereo speakers. The One Max has Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, DLNA, mini HDMI out and microUSB 2.0 port for charging and data transfer. The rather large device measures 164.50 x 82.5 x 10.3mm and weighs in at 217 grams with room to hold a large 3300mAh battery.
The HTC One Max has that great HTC build quality and HTC Sense and good battery life – however, we were hoping for better specs – it's a good device that could have been a lot more than just a good, big phone and in no way competes with the Galaxy Note 3.
AndroidHeadlines.com HTC One Max Articles:
- Featured Review: HTC One Max
- Verizon HTC One Max Getting Android 4.4.2 on Monday, April 7th
- HTC One Max on Sprint Gets a Taste of KitKat!
- HTC One Max Becomes Official in Stealth Black Color
- HTC One Max in Red Appears in Promotional Poster, and It Looks Great!
- Just How Big is the HTC One Max? It Dwarfs the Samsung Galaxy Note 3!
- Sprint HTC One Max: Camera Samples – Is a 4MP UltraPixel Camera without OIS Enough?
- Is the HTC One Max's Fingerprint Scanner As Secure as HTC Says It Is?
- HTC One Max Full Spec Sheet
- The HTC One Max is Finally Official; 5.9-inch Display with Snapdragon 600 and Fingerprint Scanner
HTC One Max Comparisons:
- Android Phone Comparison: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 VS HTC One Max
- Android Phone Comparisons: HTC One Max vs Motorola Droid MAXX
- Android Phone Comparisons: HTC One Max vs LG G2
- Android Phone Comparisons: HTC One Max vs HTC One
- Android Phone Comparisons: Google Nexus 5 vs HTC One Max
- Android Phone Comparisons: HTC One Max vs Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3
- Android Phone Comparisons: HTC One Max vs LG Optimus G Pro
- Android Phone Comparisons: HTC One Max vs. Sony Xperia Z Ultra
- Android Phone Comparisons: OnePlus One vs HTC One Max
HTC One Max Accessories:
Additional HTC One Max Resources:
- HTC.Com: HTC One Max
- Wikipedia: HTC One Max
- HTC One Max Repair
- HTC One Max Forums/ROM
- Amazon HTC One Max 32GB Verizon Wireless Silver
- Amazon HTC One Max 32GB Sprint Silver
- Amazon HTC One Max 32GB Unlocked Black
- Amazon HTC One Max 32GB Unlocked Red
- Amazon Dual USB Desktop Dock For HTC One Max
- Amazon Faux Leather Wallet Case For HTC One Max
- Amazon TUDIA Ultra Slim Bumper Case For HTC One Max
- Amazon iLLumiShield Screen Protector For HTC One Max
HTC One Max Editor Rating:
The HTC One Max has a huge display and great sounding speakers, and a good, but not great camera. Because it is big, it is also heavy and the fingerprint reader has given some uses fits in getting it to work properly. HTC was trying to go after the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, but it just does not have the specs or the features to do battle with the Note 3. The battery is not removable and the One Max is way overpriced and limited to just two networks…it is just a HTC One M7 stretched out – not a bad thing, but HTC should have upped the ante, as we expected more.
3.9 of 5.0 Stars
HTC One Max Videos:
HTC One Max Gallery: