Google makes it pretty simple to add all of your smart home devices to the Google Home app, and control it all from within the one app. But what about if you have stopped using that device, gave it away, or sold it? How do you remove it from the Google Home app? Well it’s quite simple, and that’s exactly what we’re going to show you how to do today.
How to remove Google/Nest products from Google Home
There are two different ways that you can remove devices from Google Home, but that depends on the device. Any Google or Nest products can be removed using this method. Other products will need to use the other method for third-party products below.
- First up, open the Google Home app.
- Next, find the product that you’d like to remove, and tap on it.
- Tap on the gear icon in the upper right corner, to get into the Settings.
- Choose the “Remove Device” option which will be towards the bottom of the settings list.
- Then tap on Confirm, to confirm that you want to remove the device.
- And that’s it.
If you need further help, here’s a quick video on how you can remove Google and Nest devices from the Google Home app.
How to remove third-party products from Google Home
For anything that is not made by Google, this is going to be the method to remove the devices or products from your Google Home app.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap on the Settings icon in the upper half of the screen.
- Scroll down to the “Works with Google” option and tap on that.
- If you want to remove all of the products from a manufacturer, tap on the brand and then tap on Unlink Account.
- If you want to remove a single device:
- Open the brand-specific app for the product you wish to remove.
- Follow the steps within that app to remove the individual device.
- Then ask your Google Assistant to sync your devices.
- That’s all there is to it.
If you need further help, here’s a quick video on how you can remove third-party devices from the Google Home app.