Samsung seems to think it’s a good idea to put ads in the notification shade of your brand new smartphone, that you likely paid nearly a grand for. To put it simply, everyone hates it. However, there is a way to remove these ads, or get rid of most of them, on your Galaxy S22 smartphone.
The easiest way to turn off ads
The easiest way to turn off ads, and never see them on your Samsung Galaxy S22, is to simply not sign into your Samsung account.
I’ve been using the Galaxy S22 Plus and S22 Ultra for almost a month, and did not sign into my Samsung account on either device, and I have not seen a single ad since powering on either phone on February 9 (the same day as Unpacked). So that seems to be the easiest way to avoid the ads. However, that may not be the best option for everyone.
Now, by not signing into your Samsung account, you do lose some features of your Galaxy S22. Like you can’t download themes from the Galaxy Store, or apps from the Galaxy Store and so forth. So if you want to do a lot of customization, you won’t be able to without your Samsung account. But if not seeing ads is more important, then it’s worth it.
How to disable Samsung Push service notifications
If you don’t use Samsung’s native apps, then disabling its Push Service is a good way to ditch some of the ads. But if not, there are other ways to do it down below. The Samsung Push Service does push notifications for things like the Galaxy Store, Samsung Pay and other things.
- Open the Settings app
- Tap on Notifications
- Select More
- Go into the Show System Apps
- Search for Samsung Push
- Toggle off the Show notifications options.
- And that’s it, you’re all done and Samsung Push service notifications are now disabled.
How to disable deals & offers in Other Samsung Apps
It’s not just the Samsung Push Service that pushes ads to your new Galaxy S22. Some Samsung apps will also send you deals and offers. There is a way to get rid of these ads as well, as we’ll go through in the steps below.
Disable deals and offers for each Samsung app
Luckily, the method to do this is the same for each app, all of which is done in the Settings app.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Apps.
- Find Samsung Pay (or Samsung Galaxy Themes or Galaxy Store) and tap on it.
- Toggle off the “Show notifications” option. You can also opt to choose which notifications that you do want to receive. But for these apps, you don’t really need them.
Disable personalized Samsung ads
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Privacy.
- Select Customization Service.
- Toggle off the Customized ads and direct marketing option.
- And that’s it. Now all the ads will be gone from your brand new smartphone.