There’s a number of reasons why you may need to perform a factory reset on your Sonos speaker. For one, it could be having issues working with the rest of your Sonos ecosystem or even the Sonos app. Or you might be wanting to sell it or give it away to someone else. In that case, a reset is definitely necessary.
Since Sonos has changed the way it makes its speakers over the years, removing buttons, adding batteries, etc. the process of resetting a Sonos speaker is different per model. So below we’ll show you how to reset your Sonos speaker as well as how to do it for each model.
How to factory reset a Sonos Speaker
The process of factory resetting a Sonos speaker will differ based on the speaker.
Play:1, Play:3, Play:5 (Gen 1), Connect, Connect:Amp and Playbar
- Unplug your speaker from the outlet.
- Next, hold down the Play/Pause button while plugging the speaker back into the outlet.
- Keep holding that button, and after a few seconds it will start flashing amber and white.
- After the reset is complete, the light will flash green.
- And it’s all set. You can now set up the speaker once again.
Sonos One, Five, Arc, Play:5 (Gen 2) Beam (Gen 1 and 2), Boost, Bridge, Sub, Playbase, Port and Amp
- Unplug your Sonos speaker from the outlet.
- Hold down the Connect button, while plugging the speaker back into the outlet.
- You’ll want to continue holding the Connect button, and after a few seconds it will start flashing amber and white.
- Once it has finished resetting, the light will then flash green.
- And now you’re finished. You can set it up once again.
- For the Sonos Move, you’ll want to take it off of the charging base.
- Next, hold the power button down for at least 5 seconds.
- Then press the Connect button and place the speaker back on the base.
- You’ll continue holding the Connect button and it will start flashing amber and white.
- After the Move has reset, the LED will then flash green.
- And now you’re finished resetting the Move.
- With the Sonos Roam, you’ll want to press and hold the power button for five seconds to power it off.
- You’ll listen for a chime and look to see if the LED on the front turns off.
- After that, press and hold the Play/Pause button and press and release the power button.
- Continue holding the Play/Pause button until the LED flashes orange and white.
- The LED will flash green once the Roam has fully reset.
- And that’s it.