In today’s digital era, mobile phones have become a vital part of our daily lives. Let’s face it, our mobile phones are our lifelines. We use them to stay entertained, informed, and connected. However, with great power comes great responsibility. Hence, it is important to protect your mobile phone from accidental damages, loss, or theft, with its ever-increasing usage. That’s where mobile phone insurance comes into play – it’s like a superhero cape for your mobile phone!
Mobile Phone Insurance: What’s it?
Mobile insurance is a policy which provides you with a safety net to fall back on in case your mobile gets lost, damaged, or stolen. It is the ultimate form of protection that you must have as it secures your phone against unforeseen events which could otherwise leave you helpless. With mobile phone insurance, you can rest assured that your phone will be protected against potential risks. This implies that you do not have to worry about the high maintenance or replacement costs. Also, we can’t neglect the fact that accidents happen and are unpredictable. One slip of the hand, one spilled drink, one accident, and your phone could be damaged.
Moreover, mobile phone insurance plans provide hassle-free and convenient ways to have your phone replaced or repaired without having to roll-out any significant out-of-pocket expenses. This will assure you that you do not have to undergo the trouble of looking for a reliable repair service or paying for the replacement costs.
So, if you wish to safeguard your mobile phone against the potential risks, consider purchasing mobile phone insurance today to enjoy uninterrupted and worry-free usage of your device. With easy claim processes, swift repair services or replacements, you can get back to using your phone in no time in case of an unforeseen event. It gets even better since you won’t have to break your savings to pay for costly repairs or replacements.
Key Features of Mobile Insurance Policies
Here are the salient features of mobile phone insurance policies:
- They provide coverage for both, new and old phones.
- Smartphones and the phones with basic features are covered under this insurance policy,
- The insured sum is linked to the cost price of the mobile phone.
- Several insurance plans allow cashless repair services.
- The tenure of the insurance policy may range from a span of 6 to 12 months.
What’s Covered Under Mobile Insurance
Mobile phone insurance policies typically cover a huge variety of risks and offer several features which can secure your phone to keep you rest assured. Here are some of the features that mobile phone insurance plans offer:
- Accidental Damage Cover
This feature covers any type of accidental damage that may occur to your mobile phone, such as water damage, cracked screen, or any other physical damage.
- Theft or Loss Cover
This feature provides financial coverage against the replacement costs of your phone in case it gets stolen or even lost. It may also ensure coverage against any unauthorised data usage or calls.
- No Claim Bonus
If you do not make any insurance claims during your policy tenure, certain mobile phone insurance plans may offer a no claim bonus. This generally lowers your premium for the succeeding policy tenure.
- Quick Claim Settlement
Mobile phone insurance plans often have a hassle-free claim settlement process. This ensures that you get your phone replaced or repaired without any delay.
- Comprehensive Protection
Mobile insurance policies provide comprehensive security against a wide range of risks that your phone is generally exposed to. These include water damage, accidental damage, theft, loss due to natural calamities such as fire, and more.
- Add-on Covers
Mobile phone insurance policies also provide certain additional protection which you can opt for by paying an extra premium. Some of them are as follows:
Transit Insurance: This provides coverage to the mobile phone when it is in transit.
Worldwide Coverage: This offers coverage against damages which your phone may suffer from, even when you are outside the geographical borders of India.
What’s Not Covered Under Mobile Insurance
A mobile phone insurance cover almost every possible risks that may pose to the mobile phones, except the following:
- Any kind of mysterious loss of the mobile phone
- Damages caused to the mobile phone because of climatic changes
- Theft of the mobile phone when it was left unused for a long time
- Pre-existing defects on the mobile phone
- Deliberate harm or damage caused to the mobile phone
- Damages suffered by the mobile phone when it was being used by someone other than the owner
- Any kind of an experimental or overloaded mobile phone
Companies Which Offer Mobile Insurance in India
Here are a few companies in India which offer mobile phone insurance policies:
How to Buy Mobile Insurance
If you wish to buy a mobile phone insurance plan, all you have to do is choose the insurance provider, visit their website, fill up a form, and pay the premiums. Alternatively, you can physically visit their offline branch and apply for an insurance policy.
Here are a few documents that you may require to submit to your respective insurer to buy a policy:
- Application form seeking insurance policy coverage
- Phone’s invoice
- Phone’s IMEI number
- Your identity proof
How to Make a Claim
Here’s how you can make a claim under the mobile phone insurance cover:
- Notify your respective insurance provider about your loss by calling on their helpline number or sending them an email and registering your claim.
- Submit your claim form by entering the necessary information.
- File an FIR at your local police station in case your phone gets stolen since it will be vital for you to make a theft claim.
- Click the images of the damages suffered by your phone as a proof to provide to your respective insurer to facilitate their investigation procedure.
- Depending on their investigation and other necessary information provided, the executives will approve of your claim.
- In case your mobile phone requires repair, your insurer will pay the expenses directly to your respective mobile service centre. However, the service provider must be listed in the authorised service centre by your insurance provider. If that is not the case, you will have to make the payment of the repair costs directly and get it reimbursed by your insurer.
- If your phone gets lost or stolen, your insurer will pay you the insured sum as a claim.
Here are a few documents that you may require to submit to your respective insurer to make your claim:
- Policy bond
- Signed and filled claim form
- Copy of the police FIR in case of your phone’s loss or theft
- Phone’s invoice
- Phone’s IMEI number
- Your identity proof
Extended Warranty vs Mobile Insurance
Sometimes we feel that it is a waste to invest in a mobile phone insurance policy when you can purchase an extended warranty. Well, these two are totally different from each other and here’s how:
Mobile phone insurance policy is a must-have in your pocket. Whether you are swimming with the sharks, climbing mountains, or just fulfilling your everyday business, accidents may happen. It is not a hidden fact that when they do, the repair or replacement process can get exhausting – physically and financially. That’s when mobile insurance policies provide you with the safety net you deserve. With a plethora of options available, catering to every lifestyle and budget, you can secure your precious phone against the unforeseen events. Don’t let water damage or a cracked screen ruin your day. Embrace the power of phone insurance and continue living your best life. Don’t let a second pass by, sign up, and become a phone insurance hero today!