Modern technology is a great relief for the most burdening tasks, giving companies more chances to beat the competition and drive profits. The tech world offers a plethora of digital tools, each showcasing unique features suitable for business operations.
Online collaborative tools are the most popular of them as they help in increasing business agility. Let’s explore how exactly they make it happen.
Online collaboration tools are unique platforms or software designed to help business operations. The tools establish a streamlined work process that enhances communication and eases task management for in-office employees and remote workers. The collaboration tools are also referred to as team collaboration tools as they assist teams to work together under a single goal.
Organization managers or executive teams can efficiently work with employees and stakeholders using a simple online platform. This increases business productivity and improves communication among departments. There are several effective types of collaboration tools suitable for the majority of businesses as follows:
- File sharing tools
- Messaging apps
- Web-based tracking tools
- Remote conferencing apps
- Digital asset management tools
- Project management apps
Companies seeking to incorporate collaboration tools must ensure the software falls under the above types. Quality collaborative tools should allow effective team communication, automate specific tasks, encrypt messages for security matters, and offer growth.
Top best online collaboration tools for your team
For good communication, companies can invest in collaboration tools with communication features such as:
1. Slack. Slack is best for team communication as it helps teams/departments to use direct messages. The teams can share files and use other channels to create chats for different projects. Creating multiple conversations such as business chats, fun groups, and projects under the slack platform.
2. Flowdock. This is a flexible app that allows for group and private chats. The platform helps in privatizing specific chats to particular groups. Flowdock has a unique team inbox feature that is interlinked with other social media channels. The team can enjoy the features such as customer support facilities for excellent customer relations.
3. GoToMeeting. GoToMeeting is a popular video conferencing facility that helps organizations schedule meetings through a shared screen. The team can work from anywhere and converge through GoToMeeting software.
Task and project management tools
Once you establish the communication tools, the organization requires managing software. This helps coordinate all tasks effectively.
1. Asana. Asana is among the most popular collaboration tools. It’s well-defined for project management and organizing tasks for team members. Managers can add members to the project, follow up on the task, and plan using the Asana app. It’s a great paperless meeting solution for managers coordinating massive teams in a particular project.
2. ProofHub. The ProofHub tool is utilized for project management or task management. The devices contain multiple functionalities such as file management, easy planning, a monitoring system, a discussion platform for the team review and proofing software.
3. Trello. The Trello interface is very conducive for team members. Managers and team members can learn, follow up on projects, and assign tasks using the Trello collaboration tool.
4. Google Docs. Google Docs are a popular tool utilized by millions globally. The software offers multiple features to help communicate, share files, edit features, save, and collaborate with teams.
Board management software
Through collaboration tools that offer versatile services, companies should incorporate the board portals in their businesses. Board management software works impressively, and provides quality services in the same ways as collaboration tools.
What are board portals?
Board portals are exclusive platforms developed for administrators and board directors to conduct meetings and communicate effectively. Technology has introduced a virtual boardroom to help board meetings and executive meetings. This helps eliminate the paperwork, printing, typing, and emailing process.
Organization board directors can conduct online board meetings using secure board portal software. Here are some of the most well-known options on the market.
1. BoardMaps. The BoardMaps is great virtual board software that is cloud-based and on-premise. It helps simplify communication and provides virtual tools for the board of directors and committee members. The software improves task management, board governance, collaboration, monitoring, and tracking of different tasks.
2. Diligent. The Diligent board portal software is a comprehensive tool that holds analytic services to help in analyzing reports. This allows the user to get complete information through secure channels. The Diligent software provides clear steps on what, when, and how users can achieve business tools. It’s easy to locate documents and share among the eligible parties. Companies opting for Diligent will access virtual board portals, accessible documentation features, and management features such as notifications, calendars, collaboration tools, and more.
3. iDeals. The IDeals board software is available in different operating systems. Organizations can invest in IDeals as it works both as an on-premise and cloud-based app. Users can manage their business by minimizing paperwork, organizing virtual meetings, uploading essential files, and providing transparency in the system.
For more board portal reviews and comparison head over to best board-room.ca. This platform contains objective reviews of board portals based on customer satisfaction score and products analysis.
The collaboration tools and virtual board portals offer comprehensive services to businesses big and small alike. Organizations should assess their needs and invest in tools that can extensively meet them. This will not only increase team productivity and bring automation to the essential processes, but also will help to further develop and pursue business growth.