We’ve come a long way since we saw the first-ever mobile device launch with a built-in camera. Today, smartphones have powerful camera technology, cater to casual and avid videographers with free video editing apps from the Google Play Store.
These video makers may not make feature-length films, but work excellently to create videos daily, and those videos are usually shorter. You no longer need to mandatorily access the editing software on your computer for these clips. You can make them on the go using video editing apps on your mobile device. Listed below are some of the best Android video editors, a top 10 list, if you will.
The Best Free Video Editing Apps for Android
Adobe Premiere Rush
This is one of Adobe’s newer applications to edit videos on Android. Adobe Premiere Rush is specifically designed for those who want to create online videos and edit them on the go. Users find it easy to create video content with this app, as it allows the flexibility of working both on mobile phones and computers. It allows you to make high-resolution videos. Using this app helps smoothen your workflow with multiple video tracks; plus, there are no ads here to bother you. The free option is quite good, but you can get a subscription for $9.99/month or $52.99/month for a Creative Cloud All Apps membership, if you want access to all its features.
- Ease of use
- Responsive & prompt user-friendly interface
- Smooth synchronization of projects between multiple devices
- Export files seamlessly
- Social media posts scheduling
- Great title tools and colors
- The paid version is slightly expensive
- Compatible with limited phone models on the market
- Slightly slow
- Storyboard templates are unavailable.
- Limited transitions
With a user-friendly interface and all the essential tools to beautify your videos, this multi-award-winning app is one of the best free options available on the Google Play Store. VideoShow is also counted among the most reliable video editing options, as it provides you with seamless transitions and multiple audio options. You can also enhance your video quality and make it a unique one with the app’s 50+ themes. Most users say that even though VideoShow is not video editing software for pros, it has no duration limits and doesn’t lose in the quality department.
- One video can have multiple layers of background music
- MP3 converter
- Easy-to-use and has an extensive range of tools
- Excellent for processing new videos immediately
- Frequent updates for new content
- Video exporting takes longer
- It needs more advanced settings
- The music editing feature allows little tweaks
PowerDirector is giving VideoShow some competition. It is somewhat similar in the video editing department. The best thing about this free Android app are its tutorials which newcomers can use to get acquainted with all functions. PowerDirector offers all traditional tools topped with a picture-in-picture overlay option and a green-screen editor, so that you may create quality video content. The free app satisfies most users, but the premium subscription will open up high-resolution features devoid of ads and watermarks.
- Slow-motion editor & effects
- Easy to navigate timeline interface
- Makes professional videos in seconds
- Awesome green-screen videos
- Built-in tutorials for all functions
- Controls are a bit tricky to figure out initially
- Blurry feature implementation is inconsistent
- Upgraded editing tools are hard to locate
Clips by Movavi
Clips by Movavi is one the easiest-to-use Android video editors in the market, and it’s free. It is designed to cater to users; irrespective of their skill level, so that both a pro and a new user can breeze through the video-making process. With a simplistically-framed, yet robust UI, Movavi offers numerous compelling effects and features, making it the right choice for consumer-grade editors. Also, users can quickly navigate the tools in the app. On the whole, Movavi is the definition of simplistic editing functions.
- Extremely user-friendly interface
- Practical and intuitive for beginners
- Advanced features are made easy
- Lots of video effects
- Only accepts media imports from local files
- Limited functionality for pro-level video editing
- Workflow can be a hassle.
If you want an Android video editing app that is not just free but also fast, GoPro’s Quik can do you good. It is one of the smartest video editors, and its best feature is the ability to create videos automatically, using existing photos and clips. You can either directly share the finished video on social networking sites or save it to your device’s camera roll, up to a resolution of 1080p. It is free to install and use, plus it saves you a lot of memory on your smartphone.
- Quick share feature
- Motion Photos & GoPro compatibility
- Unfinished videos are saved as drafts
- Automatically synced transitions
- Allows saving videos in 60fps & 1080p HD
- It supports only 60-second videos
- Font styles are not adjustable
- It doesn’t allow content capturing within the app
Being an excellent mix of powerful video editing features and well-designed UI, KineMaster is popular with users as one of the most convenient Android video apps available currently. The free version of the app allows you to churn out close-to-professional quality videos, but, like most video editors on our list, paid users can access premium features. However, if the watermark doesn’t bother you, the free subscription offers most features you’ll need. KineMaster offers multiple effect layers, Chroma Key, transitions, audio and video filters, and more.
- Easy import with the drag-and-drop feature
- Wide range of tools in the free version
- EQ presets for better audio playback.
- Massive control over the process (instant preview)
- Frame-by-frame volume control and trimming
- Real-time recording
- It doesn’t support 1080p and 4K video formats.
Is your phone video editor giving you a headache with a clunky UI? In that case, you can turn to Wondershare’s FilmoraGo. Users are fond of this video editing app because the most frequently used features are free, and it now comes with a simplified user interface – thanks to the latest update. The app allows you to multi-layer music tracks and has all the necessary editing functions. It also gives you the ability to make reverse videos, make videos in YouTube and Instagram-specific formats, and more.
- Easy to learn
- Real-time previews
- Supports import from social media
- Wide range of templates and effects
- Huge push from advertisements
- Multiple logins disrupt the consistency
Are you worried that you lack any formal experience with video editing? Magisto, one of the oldest video makers can help. You only need to select one or multiple video clips, a background track, and the app will do the rest in minutes. Thus, the app becomes the best friend for those who want a cool look for their video but are unwilling to spend too much time editing it. It is made possible by a sophisticated AI that picks the best parts by analyzing the clips.
- Auto-editing feature
- Advanced tools for vloggers
- Easy navigation
- Quick video editor
- Some may find the auto feature artistically limiting
The ability to transform your clips in the blink of an eye into fun and exciting content you can share on social media platforms makes Funimate so popular among users. Since it is free, you have to bear with a few ad displays. However, the app library has around 100 themes and 15 video filters that you can play with. This one is ideal for short and funny social media posts rather than serious video editing.
- Great for funny social media posts
- Editing is painless
- Plenty of filters and themes to choose from
- Looped videos
- No premium version to remove the ads
- Not for professional video making
Thoughtfully designed to help users make videos with a professional look, VivaVideo comes with a wide range of editing functions. Even though the free version’s video duration is limited and the final product has a watermark, exciting free features like slow-motion and clip mergers allow you to trim videos with ease. Thanks to the clip merging function, you can also make video collages.
- Easy to use
- Excellent features
- A vast collection of stickers, filters, and effects
- Professional-looking videos as a result
- Difficult to download high-resolution videos
- That’s all we’ve got for you. Which Android video editor from this list do you want to use? Let us know in the comments below.