Last week, the ASUS ZenFone 6 started grabbing the stable Android 11 update in Taiwan. And now, as per official sources, the update is making its way to global units.
As usual, the update is arriving on the ASUS ZenFone 6 European and global variants via OTA in batches. Meaning that it will take some time before hitting all the units across those regions.
According to the official changelog, ASUS has removed Private Listening, ZenUI Help, and one hand mode with this Android 11 update for the ASUS ZenFone 6.
Other features that have been removed for ASUS ZenFone 6 users are Smart group, Icon alignment, and Icon packs function in Launcher. However, the update adds the much-needed support for navigation gestures for the 3rd-party launcher.
It is arriving with version number 18.0610.2011.107 for both the European and global ASUS ZenFone 6 variants. Note that the WW prefix indicates that the update is for global units. Whereas the EU prefix shows that the update is for European units.
Android 11 features chat bubbles, notifications history, etc are also included
Along with ASUS-specific features, the Android 11 update also bundles Android 11 features. You will get all the Android 11 enhancements including chat bubbles, one-time permissions management, notifications history, and improved security.
It is not sure at the moment, whether this new update bumps the security patch level to December 2020 or not. The changelog is the same as the Taiwanese units. Here is the full changelog for your reference:
1. Upgraded system to Android 11
2. Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 11. If you need to go back to Android 10, please refer to the official website and remember it will erase all data from your device.
3. Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 11.
4. Removed Private Listening, ZenUI Help, and one hand mode
5. Integrated PowerMaster features into Battery Settings. Removed Avast scanning engine.
6. Removed Smart group, Icon alignment, and Icon packs function in Launcher. Allowed to organize app icons across screens after tapping the empty area.
7. Implement new ZenUI design and features
8. Improvement of the Quick Settings panel design and support media control. Removed Multi-window tile and added Nearby Share tile (Need to add manually)
9. “Auto-download and install via Wi-Fi” is always on in the System when upgraded.
10. Support navigation gestures for the 3rd-party launcher.
If you haven’t received the updated notification on your ASUS ZenFone 6 units, then you can head over to Settings > System > System Updates to check if a new update is available or not.