Let’s get ready to rumble!
Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr are gearing up for what looks set to be a thrilling exhibition clash at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on November 28. Originally, the bout was expected to take place in September, but Tyson and his management team pushed the fight back to the end of this month in a bid to bolster revenues over the Thanksgiving weekend. We’re inching ever closer to fight night and in the words of legendary MC Michael Buffer, “Let’s get ready to rumble!”. But how can you watch the fight on your Android device? In the next section, we will provide a step-by-step process so you don’t miss out on the action.
How to catch the fight on your Android device
ESPN will be showing the fight live for the American audience, but for those looking for streams on their Android device, they will be in luck. Here is how you can catch the live action:
- Make sure you can access the fastest possible VPN
- Downloaded the FastestVPN app which will be available for your Android device ▪ Connect to USA server location which will be wherever you are watching the fight from
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for SPN+ or head over to the ESPN website to find out about streaming details
- Download the ESPN app
- Once the app has been installed on your device, open it up
- Then you will be able to subscribe and stream Mike Tyson v Roy Jones Jr.
- Full name: Michael Gerard Tyson
- Born: June 30, 1986 (age 54) Brownsville, Brooklyn, New York, US
- Nickname (s): Iron Mike, Kid Dynamite, the Baddest Man on the Planet
- Weight: Heavyweight
- Height: 5ft 10in (178cm)
- Reach: 71in (180cm)
- Stance: Orthodox
- Total fights: 58
- Wins: 50
- Wins by KO: 44
- Losses: 6
- No contests: 2
Roy Jones Jr
- Full name: Roy Levesta Jones Jr
- Nickname (s): Junior, Superman, RJ, Captain Hook
- Weight (s): Middleweight, Super middleweight, Light heavyweight, Cruiserweight, Heavyweight
- Height: 5ft 11in (180cm)
- Reach: 74 in (188 cm)
- Nationality: American, Russian
- Born: January 16, 1969 (age 51) Pensacola, Florida, US
- Stance: Orthodox
- Total fights: 75
- Wins: 66
- Wins by KO: 47
- Losses: 9
What is the format for the fight?
Tyson has been showing off his speed and power with some high intensity training ahead of his showdown with Jones Jr. Pictures have circulated on social media where he has flexed his biceps and he looks in tremendously good shape. However, unlike his usual 12-round contests of yesteryear, his clash with Jones Jr will be significantly shorter. The fight will consist of eight, two-minute rounds and head guards are not allowed.
What they said
Tyson has been in bullish mood ahead of his fight with Jones Jr and he has drawn attention to his bulging muscles. But he has also looked ahead and he wants to renew his rivalry with Evander Holyfield.
In a recent interview which was published on The Independent, Tyson said: “That’s always something that we can do if the people want it, if it’s pragmatic enough, I’d love to do it.”
Roy Jones Jr
Jones Jr is prepared to put everything on the line and he has admitted he’s not worried about dying.
He said: “I ain’t tripping at all because I know that death is a probability.
“And I know it can happen to me even more going in there with somebody as dangerous as Mike Tyson.
“Problem with me – is why I love what I love and I do what I do is because I love boxing.
“So if I’ve gotta die boxing I’m gonna die a happy man.”