Nokia Phones Once Again Top The Trust Rankings: Report

Nokia 8 3 HR Design1
Advertisement
Advertisement

HMD Global, the maker of Nokia-branded smartphones, maintains to offer outstanding build quality compared to the competition. According to the latest report from Counterpoint Research, Nokia phones have topped the trust rankings. The report is based on four key parameters — software, security updates, build quality, and devices recommended for enterprises.

This is also the second successive year for Nokia to lead the chart. Since the Nokia phones are part of the Android One program, they also provide exceptional software experience and faster software updates. The company is followed by OnePlus and Samsung in the second and third places respectively.

Nokia leads the Trust Rankings for the second successive year

Chinese budget phone makers Realme and Xiaomi occupy the fourth and fifth places. Nokia also has more enterprise recommended devices in its portfolio than the competition. The report also mentions that Nokia phones experience stricter tests than the industry average in terms of build quality.

Advertisement

Both Nokia and OnePlus are the only smartphone makers to release the latest software update for all its devices available in the market. While Nokia has 20 devices in its portfolio, OnePlus only has 7 devices. Samsung, with its broad portfolio, manages to release the Android 10 update for an impressive 89 percent of its smartphones.

All Nokia devices also receive monthly security patches

Nokia is also faster in rolling out the monthly Android security patch updates. Apart from Nokia, no other brand is offering monthly security patches for all its devices. While OnePlus releases monthly security patches to 90 percent of its device, the other 10 percent are only eligible for quarterly patches.

Interestingly, Samsung only offers monthly security patches for less than a quarter of its devices. The majority of Galaxy smartphones are receiving one security patch every three months. Both Realme and Xiaomi are offering monthly security patch updates for two-third of its device.

Sponsored Video

"Regular software and security updates helps not just the overall device experience, but also helps devices retain their value over time. Surprisingly, there are top 10 smartphone manufacturers that don't have any clear strategy to inform customers whether their devices are eligible for security and software updates," said, Ritesh Bendre, Global Content Manager.

While HMD Global has already released Android 10 update for all its eligible Nokia phones, it recently revealed the roadmap for the all-new Android 11. The latest software updates along with superior build quality will ensure the devices last longer in the hands of users.