It's the first official day of Mobile World Congress, the show floor opened today but that doesn't mean there weren't any announcements today. Sony announced four new smartphones. With the premium Xperia 1, mid-range Xperia 10 and 10 Plus and then the low-end Xperia LE.
Sony wasn't alone in announcing phones today either. ZTE announced its first 5G smartphone, the Axon 10 Pro 5G. ZTE also announced a new entry into its Blade lineup, the Blade V10, which sports a triple-camera setup.
Qualcomm made a ton of announcements today, mostly geared around 5G, to no one's surprise. Qualcomm has a new chipset that will bring 5G to the car – as well as another that will bring WiFi 6 support to your next vehicle. Qualcomm also made some announcements around XR (Extended Reality) and Robotics. Shows like these are always big ones for Qualcomm, and it made a lot of news today.
A lot of the announcements for Mobile World Congress actually happened over the weekend. Companies announce their products ahead of the show floor actually opening up, so people will want to go to their booth. There's been a lot of news about 5G this week, as well as plenty of foldable smartphones and concepts, and that's only going to continue throughout the week.
If you missed any news from Barcelona today, you'll find all of the announcements from Mobile World Congress 2019, Day 1 below:
- Dedicated Google Assistant Button Coming To More Android Phones – MWC 2019
- Sony's Xperia 1 Has The World's First 4K OLED HDR Display – MWC 2019
- Sony's Xperia 10 & 10 Plus Are The Mid-Rangers To Beat – MWC 2019
- No 5G Prototype From Sony At MWC 2019, It Wants To Show "Working" Products Only
- Hands On With Sony Xperia 1: When Ultrawide Goes Too Far
- Hands On With Sony Xperia 10 & 10 Plus: Ultrawide Hits The Mid-Range
- Qualcomm Intros Quick Charge For Wireless Power & Qi Interoperability – MWC 2019
- Qualcomm's Battery-Saving Bluetooth Audio SoCs Gaining Market Traction – MWC 2019
- Leading UK Carriers Already Embracing Huawei's Foldable Mate X
- T-Mobile Unboxes LG G8 ThinQ Mission Impossible Style: Video
- Budget Sony Xperia L3 Is Official, Launches Today In Select Markets – MWC 2019
- Vivo's Future Smartphones May Use WattUp Wireless Charging – MWC 2019
- Google Assistant Coming To More Apps, Including (Android) Messages
- OPPO Shows Off Its Foldable Smartphone Prototype; Resembles The Mate X – MWC 2019
- Sony's Promo Videos Hype Up The Company's New Xperia 1 Flagship – MWC 2019
- Blade V10 Is ZTE's Brand New Triple Camera, Mid-Range Handset – MWC 2019
- Video: Nokia 9 PureView Hands On – 5 Magical Cameras
- Qualcomm Peels Back The Wraps On 5G Always On PC Solution – MWC 2019
- Qualcomm's New Chipset Brings WiFi 6 To Your Next Vehicle – MWC 2019
- Qualcomm & Bosch Working Together On 5G NR For The Industrial IoT – MWC 2019
- Qualcomm Chip Labels 5G Just One Part Of New Wireless Coolness Wave
- ZTE Axon 10 Pro 5G Is Official With Snapdragon 855, Available In H1
- T-Mobile's 5G Network Delayed, Due To Compatible Devices Not Launching Until 2H 2019 – MWC 2019
- Lenovo Adds New ANC Headphones To Its Popular Yoga Line – MWC 2019
- Lenovo's Tab V7 Tablet Doubles As A Smartphone – MWC 2019
Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence & Robotics