Lots has happened in the past week in the world of Android, and much of revolves it around Samsung as they officially unveiled their 2017 flagship smartphones for this year, the Galaxy S8 and the slightly larger Galaxy S8+. Both smartphones won't be available to purchase until later this month on April 21st, but pre-orders for each device are already live at many of the carriers and retailers who are planning to sell them. While the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8+ were the main attractions at Samsung's Unpacked event this past week, they weren't the only things that Samsung announced.
They also unveiled a few accessories, like the DeX dock which helps to turn your Galaxy S8 into a desktop experience for productivity purposes should you need it. They also unveiled the 2nd Generation of the Gear 360 camera which has a more hand-held design to make it easier to carry around and use. LeEco was also in the news this past week though not for a positive reason like with Samsung, as it's been reported that their $2 Billion buyout of Vizio could be in trouble. HTC's upcoming 'U' device previously referred to as the HTC Ocean, surfaced in leaked press renders in a dark red color just yesterday, as did what is allegedly a gold version of the 2017 Moto X from Lenovo and Motorola. If you happened to miss any of this past week's best news stories, you can find them in the links below.
- Samsung Announces The Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus With Bixby & SD835
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus Pre-Orders Now Live
- Here’s When & Where You Can Buy the Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus
- Samsung Outs New Gear 360 With 4K, Livestreaming & More
- $2 Billion Vizio Buyout By LeEco May Be In Trouble
- Galaxy S8 Becomes a Full Desktop with Samsung DeX Dock
- New Gear VR With Controller To Cost $129, Come In April
- Golden Moto X (2017) Shown In Leaked Press Renders
- New Renders Of HTC U ‘Ocean’ In Dark Red Surface Online
- An Android-Powered BlackBerry Tablet Could Be In The Works