Xiaomi Aims To Grab 50% Of Online & Offline Market In India

Xiaomi is planning to grab 50% of online market share in India, and after that, they’re aiming to do the same when it comes to offline sales. This information comes from the company’s CEO, Lei Jun, as the company is aiming to leave a serious mark in the Indian market. Xiaomi actually managed to grab 29.3% of the online market share in India last year, and that percentage stands at over 30% at the moment, so they still have a long way to go to hit that 50% percentage they’re aiming for. It is also worth mentioning that this is Xiaomi’s short term goal, so we’re expecting that number to climb up really fast.

Some of you probably already know that the company has started intensively selling their devices through offline channels in India, as they’re planning to introduce a ton of retail stores in the next couple of years. Well, the company is pushing towards offline sales in India as well, and it will be quite difficult to reach 50% of the offline market share in India, as that market is quite competitive, but that is Xiaomi’s goal. Xiaomi currently has two factories in India, but is planning to open some new ones soon. The company managed to grab over $1 billion in revenue in India last year, and is aiming to hit $15 billion revenue on a global basis in 2017. India is Xiaomi’s second largest market, and the company has been growing extremely fast in that Asian country, which is why they’re aiming not only to boost their offline sales, but also to open new factories, so that they don’t have to import smartphones any longer, at all. It is worth mentioning that Xiaomi currently manufactures 95% smartphones in India, smartphones that are actually sold in the country, that is, they import the remaining 5%, which is also quite a success for this China-based tech giant.

Xiaomi actually managed to sell 250,000 Redmi 4A units in India in only four minutes during a recent flash sale, which is saying something regarding the company’s popularity in India. Xiaomi is selling really affordable devices in India, and such phones are extremely popular in that Asian country. Xiaomi is planning to set up a third warehouse in Delhi and double their service centers, from 250 to 500. Xiaomi is actually planning to do this by mid-2017, and we’ll see if they’ll be able to make it happen or not.

Copyright ©2019 Android Headlines. All Rights Reserved
This post may contain affiliate links. See our privacy policy for more information.
You May Like These
More Like This:
About the Author
2014/05/Screenshot_20180125-000928__01__01.jpg
Kristijan has been writing for Android Headlines since 2014 and is an editor for the site. He has worked as a writer for several outlets before joining Android Headlines, and has a background in writing about Android and technology in general. He is a smartphone enthusiast that specializes in Android applications, and that platform in general. Contact him at Kristijan. [email protected]
Android Headlines We Are Hiring Apply Now