Wave Animated Keyboard is an animated Android keyboard that hopes to offer users a little of everything that they they want in a keyboard, without compromising on a quality typing experience. Wave Keyboard packs in almost a thousand different emoji all the while offering hundreds of different themes - including animated themes, like live wallpapers for your keyboard - for users to download from the Play Store. On top of all this, there are also great customization options for users to create their own perfect keyboard design. These include different fonts, different colors as well as the ability to change all kind of keyboard settings, too. Available in a number of different languages, each of them complete with excellent autocorrect abilities, Wave Animated Keyboard is one of the few keyboards on Android that appears to be about the typing experience first, and then appearance, second.
Those looking to try out a new type of keyboard on Android can download Wave Keyboard from the Play Store and then get it all set up.
One thing that all of these apps have in common is the need to download and then get the app all set up, and Wave Keyboard does a really good job of making this as easy as possible. All users need to do is follow the onscreen prompts and that's that.
Once the keyboard itself has been activated, users can go ahead and choose their ideal theme, of which there are many, broken down into popular categories.
Popular and featured themes are easy to spot, but there are also options to see different themes based on a sort of genre and category, which is a nice way of narrowing down the wide selection of hundreds of different themes.
There's a YouTube Channel where the developers show off some of their themes, which users can check out here. I, meanwhile, went for a blue waterfall theme on my device.
Another great feature of Wave Keyboard is the ability to access a number of settings from within a quick menu that users can bring up whenever they want right from the keyboard. This allows them to choose from a number of different options, and is a very helpful option for users, too.
One thing I didn't like about Wave Keyboard is that users are subject to the above screen, which appears to be something of a download link, but it then sends users to the Play Store.
I can appreciate the sort of security and ease of use that comes with using the Play Store for the downloading of themes, but honestly, it would be much more convenient if users could just go ahead and download these different themes from within the keyboard app itself. Even so, the Animated Wave theme that I chose looked pretty great on my device.
The app also comes with a number of different settings that users can tweak to their heart's content, such as settings that offer discerning users better control over how the keyboard itself acts, where feedback and sounds are concerned.
Further customization on the themes front is available via a choice of custom fonts and such, all of which does a good job giving users the sort of freedom that a lot of other keyboard apps simply don't offer.
Wave Keyboard is clearly a good-looking keyboard, and one gives users the option to express themselves in a much bigger way than usual keyboard apps do, but it's also something that's very practical as well. There's a wide range of different languages that Wave Keyboard can autocorrect in, and it has one of the better autocorrect feature sets available on Android.
The focus for Wave Keyboard might be the excellent animated themes and the wide, wide selection of emoji on offer, but it is a keyboard that is so much more than just that.
Overall, Wave Keyboard is something that I can see taking off as a successful third-party keyboard on Android. It has all kinds of different features that will appeal to all kinds of different users, regardless of whether or not they want to just create a good-looking keyboard that fits in with their style and taste on Android, or if they're looking for a great typing experience. The sheer variety of different themes that are available for Wave Keyboard, as well as the myriad of emoji here as well, make this a fully-featured keyboard app, and the animated keyboard designs also make for some pretty impressive keyboards. Custom fonts, different feedback options and such all go to show that the developer thought of not only looks here, but also about how the keyboard actually works as a typing machine, which is thankfully pretty well. Wave Keyboard is well worth looking into, and while having to download themes from the Play Store can be an annoyance, it's not too much of a problem in the long run and one of the few gripes about the app.
- Speed (4/5) - Getting set up with the keyboard is super-quick and easy, as is the ability to make sure that the keyboard is just as you want it, nothing takes too long, and the app is quick and a speedy typing experience, too.
- Theme (4/5) - The different themes that are on offer here are all great, and the animation within them is nice, but could be of higher-resolution overall. Regardless, there's so much choice here, that it'd be very difficult to end up creating something that you didn't like with Wave Keyboard.
- Features (4/5) - As keyboard apps go, Wave Keyboard does a very, very good job of making sure that all of the right boxes are ticked, and it's the sort of app that will give a lot of users the freedom to express themselves while giving them an excellent typing experience.
- Overall (4/5) - A solid experience that will give users the sort of typing features as well as all manner of customization options, the Wave Keyboard is well worth looking into and has a lot to offer.
- Works well on any Android smartphone out there, and doesn't give users any hoops to jump through or anything like that.
- Gives users hundreds of different themes to choose from on their devices, all for free.
- Quality set of options for those looking to get a great keyboard app that types well, not just a good-looking one.
- Lots of different languages are supported properly without the need to jump through any hoops or anything like that.
- Needing to download and install themes from the Play Store is not the best solution for some people.
- Some of the animations in the background of the keyboards could be of higher-resolution.
Wave Keyboard is an excellent Android app that has a lot going for it, and it's the sort of app that won't give people any problems or hiccups all the while giving them tons of creative choices with different themes and font choices. The keyboard itself looks good, runs well and doesn't give players any problems while typing whatever it is they're up to.