Photo Wonder is an Android app that offers users a number of ways to beautify their portraits, to adjust their photos to send to friends and family, and so much more. With key photo editing options, such as cropping, framing and a whole slew of different filters, Photo Wonder has a lot on offer. Other features such as stickers, the ability to share with others and an option to see real-time filters and download new ones all come together to make Photo Wonder a complete photo editing app. A simple user interface, as well as a straightforward process to edit and develop photos is something all users can look forward to with Photo Wonder, so let's take a closer look, shall we?
If you're looking for a new photo editing app, it's as easy as downloading Photo Wonder from the Play Store for free. Once downloaded and launched, there's a fairly simple interface for users to get used to, which does appear to be a little on the feminine side to say the least.
Using Photo Wonder to edit an image is pretty simple, and sees users needing to choose their desire picture from their phone – either on internal storage or external storage – but not from services such as Google Photos, sadly.
The overall interface is light, good-looking and easy on the eye, but there is a touch of iOS design here. Which might not be to everyone's tastes. If nothing else, it will appeal to the casual user that wants something simple and easy to use, but might not appeal to users looking for something unique in appearance. Photo Wonder ticks many of the boxes for features users will be looking for, such as an abundance of different frames that people can choose from.
This TIME frame is a favorite of mine, and from here I can go ahead and add some effects filters to my image.
Should users feel there aren't any filters here that they like, there's always the ability to choose from more filters that they can download.
Once a user has made the edits and changes to their photo with Photo Wonder, they can go ahead and share it with others, or to post it to the sort of Instagram side of the app that Photo Wonder has on offer.
Whenever a user has finished creating their masterpiece, this final panel at the end of the app can perhaps feel a little like an advertisement, showing off different things the app has to offer and such, but it is a good way of showing what's on offer, that's for sure.
The social side of things in Photo Wonder might not feel as complete as Instagram, but it is nice to see something like this on offer here, and it will be nice to see it used by many more users, too.
Real-time filters are also a high point for Photo Wonder, as it allows users to see the end result of a photo before it's been taken, although this does appear to be a little slow when trying to take a photo using this mode.
There are a good few reasons why someone might think this is an app for women, as there are a number of beautification methods on offer, as well as the ability to add in more eyelashes and such, too.
There's also a collage option which is put together in a very professional manner, too, with a number of high-quality features to choose from.
There is also a number of different sticks and such to choose from, too.
Photo Wonder is the sort of app that will appeal to users of all ages, but it might appeal more to women than anything else, which isn't a bad thing, but something to think about when it comes down to it. Of course, there are countless other apps out there in the Play Store like this, which does make some of what Photo Wonder is doing a little less impressive, but there's more than enough on offer for the majority of users that enjoy these sorts of apps. With features such as a lot of different frames as well as filter effects and the option to download more of them, there's a lot on offer here in Photo Wonder for those that want to turn a photo into a real masterpiece. While that might sound a little corny, there are some great tools on offer here to make that happen, such as the collage tool and the ability to even take a photo with your favorite filter already applied.
- Speed (4/5) – Everything here runs well, aside from perhaps the real-time effects camera, which does appear to be a little on the sluggish side of things.
- Theme (4/5) – The overall UI of Photo Wonder is pretty good, and while it's easy enough to use there is something of an iOS look to things, which won't be to everyone's tastes. Of course, the filters and the frames and such all look great, but there's nothing that really stands out too much, either.
- Features (4/5) – With few features that stand out from other similar apps in the Play Store, it could be easy to write Photo Wonder off as yet another "me too" sort of app, but there is more to it than that, and a healthy amount of features to choose from.
- Overall (4/5) – The different frames and filters, as well as the option to download more of them should users need to are just a few reasons why Photo Wonder is one of the more interesting photo editors around. It is, however, a little cliche in the features that it aims towards its female audience.
- Simple and easy to use interface makes it nice and easy to edit, change and adjust images with little hassle.
- Lots of different frames, collage arrangements and filters all work well to give users a lot to work with in order to make their favorite photo look really good.
- Beautification features will be appreciated by its female audience, but some of them are a little cliche in their approach.
- Includes a simple way to share the end result with people inside of Photo Wonder, as well as making it easy to share via Facebook, WhatsApp and so on.
- iOS look and feel might put some users off, even though it's an easy-to-use interface at the end of the day.
- Doesn't seem to have much in the way of unique features that aren't found in other similar apps.
At the end of the day, Photo Wonder is perhaps just another photo editing app that leans a little too heavily on the use of filters, but it is something that will appeal to a female audience, and perhaps one that's looking to make the most of their images on the move. The interface works well, and the amount of filters, frames and effects that are on offer – including all of the stickers – go a long way to making this a fun and lighthearted photo editing app that has more than enough tricks up its sleeve.