Congratulations to Limubai Bol, the winner of our Pixel VR bundle. Stay tuned for more chances to win in 2017 with Android Headlines.
Now Available on Indiegogo
If you own an Android device, you may already be familiar with Fing as the company has an app on the Google Play Store. Fing allows you to scan your home network so you can find out what devices are connected to the network, and more importantly detect intruder devices and other security threats – something which concerns us all more and more every day, thanks to the number of devices we now have connected to a home network.
Using the proprietary technology from the Fing app, a team of developers has created Fingbox, an all-in-one affordable network and security toolkit for homes.
"Today's homes are in the dark about what is happening on their network, especially when it comes to security. Homes need a simple tool to manage their connected technology and protect themselves against threats" said Domenico Crapanzano CEO of Fing. "We have listened to thousands of Fing users which have asked us for more control and better oversight of their networks. Fingbox lets anybody secure their home network and troubleshoot their wifi problems, for an affordable one-off cost of less than $50!"
Fingbox is packed with user-friendly features for securing and troubleshooting a home network. One of the big differences between Fingbox and an actual network scanner, is that Fingbox looks to ensure that your network is 100% monitored, all of the time. Network scanners by contrast, only protect you when you command them to do so, Fingbox will always be running, always be ready, and always be protecting your network.
Fingbox features include:
- 24/7 Network Security: In a matter of seconds, Fingbox automatically finds all devices on the network regardless of brand. The status of all devices is monitored continuously, including those essential to home security like smart locks and thermostats.
- Intruder detection: It detects network intruders and enables the blocking of intruder devices.
- Identify Bandwidth Hogs: Fingbox lets users visualize bandwidth distribution and which devices are consuming the most broadband.
- Wi-Fi Sweet Spot: Fingbox's interactive Wi-Fi Sweet Spot finder enables users to find the best and worst places for home Wi-Fi connection.
- Parental Control: A simple form of parental control, users can block and allow the devices their kids use like tablets, mobile phones and gaming consoles.
- Alerts: Alerts can be configured for new devices, intruders, device status, network, family and guests.
- Internet Speed: Real-time and historic Internet speed is displayed in the apps through automated speed and latency testing.
Fingbox has now launched on Indiegogo. Join the campaign and be one of the first to experience what Fingbox has to offer. They need backing to bring Fingbox to production and will be selling the device for only $49. This price includes a free lifetime subscription to the service. Even their $5 perk will raise their popularity and give you a nice little boost of good karma.
On offer today are two of the newest products released by Google. The first is the Google Pixel smartphone, which comes with a 5-inch Full HD display. Inside, you will find 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage and a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 quad-core processor. The Google Pixel also comes equipped with a 12.3-megapixel rear camera, as well as an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. Additional features include a fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C connectivity, Android 7.1 (Nougat) and Daydream-compatibility. Which brings us neatly on to the next prize. Along with the Google Pixel, you also have the chance of winning a Daydream View VR headset. This is the first headset which supports the Daydream platform and together with the Google Pixel means you have the opportunity to win a fully-ready Daydream VR package.
How to Enter
To be in with a chance of winning the Google Pixel VR bundle, all you need to do is take part in the competition widget below. By selecting and completing one of the actions you will be automatically entered into the draw. The good news is that you can complete as many actions as you like. Each action offers a unique number of entries and each entry has the potential to be the winning one. The contest is an international contest and is therefore open to everyone. The contest will close promptly at 11:59 pm on December 8, 2016. So enter now for your chance to win a Google Pixel VR Bundle courtesy of Fing and Android Headlines.
Rules and Disclaimers
- First up, you need to be of a suitable age to be able to take part in this contest, This is normally defined as the 'age of majority' and will depend on your region and country of residence.
- Secondly, shipping issues are not controlled by the contest or by us. Therefore, you should be aware that things can go wrong. We are not responsible for items lost in transit and are also not responsible for custom or duty fees incurred from goods crossing international borders. If we cannot ship the specific product to your country of residence (for whatever reason), we will offer an alternative to an equal value.
- Next up, it only takes one entry to win, so with that in mind, only enter once. Entering more than once will not improve your chances of winning and may actually result in disqualification. Entries are checked (and confirmed) by email addresses so you have been warned.
- We will email the winner and you will have 48 hours to respond or we will select another entrant, so make sure to check your email once the competition closes.
- Last up, we always reserve the right to make changes to this (or any) contest, competition and/or giveaway.