DU Battery Saver – Power Saver is an Android app that wants to make it as easy as possible for users to save battery on their devices, as well as prolong the overall life of the battery itself. DU Battery Saver – Power Saver features a simple one-tap boost option, which will extend the battery life on your device without asking anything from the user, but also some more in-depth options as well. These come in the form of user-defined battery modes, which allows users to create a preset battery mode that adjusts the brightness, allows certain syncing times as well as calls and vibration. With Smart Charging, a Cool Down feature and a whole lot more on offer, DU Battery Saver – Power Saver appears to be the complete solution for battery management on your device, so let's take a look and see if it is or not.
Users looking to get a little more out of their battery with DU Battery Saver – Power Saver need to download it from the Play Store, where it's a free download. It is supported by ads and other sponsors, and there are also DU Coins that are used to unlock additional content within the app.
As with other DU apps, it's worth making sure you opt out of the User Experience Program which is ticked by default as there's no telling where your data ends up. Once users have chosen their preferences at the opening screen, the app will then go to work and see if your battery has any issues with it. Apparently, mine did, and DU Battery Saver – Power Saver was only too happy to let me know just what these issues were.
This is part of the magic with DU Battery Saver – Power Saver, as it goes to work and tries to optimize running apps on your device, and then make sure your phone has the best battery life it can. It starts off by going through running apps and other settings.
Once it's done this, users are presented with a sort of landing page, which includes one of the ads, as well as links to other parts of the DU Battery Saver – Power Saver app and even some of DU's other apps as well.
These features are neatly laid out and easy to find, which is a nice touch for users that might not be too well informed about just what DU Battery Saver – Power Saver has to offer them. All-in-all, there's a decent variety of these features, but some of them are pretty much gimmicks in the long run.
The phone cool down feature of the app, for instance, didn't seem to really do much of anything. After all, it bases its temperature findings on the internal battery's temperature as well as which apps are running. Neither of which are an exact science, and given that the majority of Android devices these days come with some sort of thermal failsafe, there's little user intervention needed to keep temperatures low.
There are other features however, that might actually end up proving useful to users, such as the abnormal power usage findings, which can be a way of seeing if there are apps on your device running away with too much of your battery life than they ought to be using.
This feature, as well as a few others, do seem to be pretty useful, but some of them require users to give DU Battery Saver – Power Saver even more access to things on their device, which is something a lot of users won't be all that willing to do.
There are more features and expansions that users can apply to DU Battery Saver – Power Saver as well, however, these require users to redeem their DU coins. These are virtual currency that are useable across all of the different DU apps that are available in the Play Store, and some of these features offer some pretty impressive stuff, but others are merely cosmetic changes.
One of these cosmetic upgrades is the Battery Skins, which will allow users to make the appearance of the battery within the app appear more pleasing to the eye, or at least something like this WWF one would.
DU Battery Saver – Power Saver is the sort of battery app that will appeal to casual users out there, but it doesn't really have much that users with a lot more knowledge will appreciate. After all, this is an app that's practically designed to be super-simple and easy to use, so this shouldn't be all that surprising. By extending your battery life by a few hours or more, all as the result of one tap, there's no denying that DU Battery Saver – Power Saver can be a useful sort of app. However, these battery apps often end up messing around with other apps that we rely on to work in the background properly. This won't be the case for all users, but I found a number of apps that DU Battery Saver – Power Saver would kill without asking me, apps that control my lights or help keep my smartwatch connected. Either way, DU Battery Saver – Power Saver has a lot of different features on offer, and things like the included battery modes – which users can customize – certainly go a long way to making someone's battery life last longer in the long run, rather than just offering a simple, temporary fix.
- Speed (4/5) – The interface and overall performance of DU Battery Saver – Power Saver as an app is good, and nothing takes too long to program or to fix when using DU Battery Saver – Power Saver.
- Theme (4/5) – With a consistent look and feel throughout, an interface that offers users a lot of information upfront, as well as the ability to customize things a little bit with the different battery skins, too.
- Features (4/5) – Everything that you could want in a battery app is pretty much present here in DU Battery Saver – Power Saver, but it would be nice to see some serious in-depth features for those that understand battery life on Android a little more.
- Overall (4/5) – While these sorts of apps won't be to everyone's liking, DU Battery Saver – Power Saver has a lot to offer casual users, and for those that simply want a straightforward solution to poor battery life, this is something well worth looking into.
- Has lots of different features available to users, aside from just the usual battery app features that we see in other apps in the Play Store.
- Doesn't make users work hard for the results, just makes sure that they're able to actually see a different in their overall battery life without the hassle.
- Offers some customization options as well, such as the battery skins, which help to make something as boring as the battery life of your smartphone a little less boring.
- Helps to keep your device running smoothly, regardless of how much work is done to keep the battery life better than normal.
- Some of the features might come across as gimmicky to those that know what they're doing.
- Doesn't give power users the overall sort of control that they would want from such an app.
DU Battery Saver – Power Saver is the sort of app that many will find a lot of value in, especially those that don't want to sweat the details, but rather get on with what they're doing, and end up with longer battery life. It's not the sort of thing that power users will find too useful, as there's not a huge amount of control given to those kinds of users. Even so, for a free app that's so well-regarded, DU Battery Saver – Power Saver is well worth downloading.