Man Sues Samsung After His Galaxy Note 7 Exploded

The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 was doing really well in the market, with Samsung having to boost production in order to meet the demand. However, it all went downhill for Samsung when reports regarding explosions of Galaxy Note 7 units while being charged started to emerge. This forced Samsung to issue a massive recall and the South Korean company has blamed a faulty battery in the device to be the cause. Since then, Samsung share prices have taken a major tumble, and if that isn't bad enough, the company is now facing a lawsuit from a man residing in the US.

Jonathan Strobel is suing Samsung after his Galaxy Note 7 exploded in his front pants pocket, leaving him injured. Strobel who hails from Boca Raton, said that he was in a Costco store in Palm Beach Gardens on September 9, when his Galaxy Note 7 exploded. The device burned through his pants, resulting in severe burns to his right leg. Strobel also mentioned that his left thumb was also severely burned when he tried to use his left hand to remove the device from his pocket. According to lawyer Keith Pierro, the recall came too late for his client and that Strobel has suffered deep second-degree burns, roughly the size of the Galaxy Note 7, on his right thigh. The lawsuit is seeking unspecified damages for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other injuries. If you have yet to replace your Galaxy Note 7, it is highly advised that you power it down now and get a replacement as soon as possible, to avoid similar incidents from happening.

Since the faulty battery was discovered, Samsung has received 92 reports of batteries exploding in the US alone. This includes 26 reports of burns, and 55 reports of damage to property. For those who are based in the US, and have given up your Galaxy Note 7 for a replacement, you can expect your replacement to arrive no later than September 21, which is next week. However, if you are planning on purchasing a Galaxy Note 7, the device is expected to be put back on shelves on September 28, in South Korea at least.

You May Like These
More Like This:
About the Author
2014/05/Shuan-Lee.jpg

Shaun Lee

Staff Writer
Currently a full-time student studying A-levels. I had my first taste of Android back in 2011 when I was given a Huawei Y300. Never looked back ever since.
Android Headlines We Are Hiring Apply Now