OnePlus One Catches Fire While Charging

Advertisement
Advertisement

The OnePlus One was introduced back in 2014. This was the first smartphone OnePlus had ever introduced, and the device was so compelling, that it actually put OnePlus on the map instantly. This handset was one of the best devices in 2014 according to many people and tech sites, and some consumers still use it as their daily drivers. That being said, we're here to talk about a recent OnePlus One incident, read on.

As some of you might recall, one particular Galaxy Note 7 unit exploded during charging recently, reportedly. Images of the device surfaced yesterday, and that incident managed to bring some controversy on the table, even though it's probably an isolated incident. In any case, something similar just happened to a OnePlus One unit in India it seems. A short video clip appeared on Twitter recently, by Deepak Gosain, a OnePlus One user from India. His OnePlus One unit also exploded while it was charging, at least that's what he says, this video shows off the device after the whole incident occurred. In any case, the device has been handed over to OnePlus' service center, and Mr. Gosain will get a replacement unit it seems. Now, Mr. Gosain claims that he did not hear back from the company despite the fact he tried to contact them directly as soon as the incident occurred, which was on August 22nd. He did manage to get through to them at some point though, considering the phone is over at OnePlus' service center, as already mentioned.

That being said, Phone Radar received an official statement from OnePlus India regarding this incident, quite probably after they published the article. Here's what OnePlus India said: "Our top priority is the health and safety of our customers. We are confident in the quality of our products, which all undergo industry-leading safety tests. We are already in touch with this customer, but since this is an open case, we cannot disclose any further information". That is more or less it, Mr. Gosain will get a replacement unit, and this is quite probably an isolated incident as well, we don't know how long did he use the device, but such incidents are always possible, even though they can be extremely unpleasant.

Advertisement

Advertisement