Candy Valley is Android game that asks players to match three of the same desserts in order to clear their gameboard and earn new recipes for different desserts. The gameplay is classic match-3 and takes players across a wide variety of different gameboards and styles. Similar to other classic games out there, Candy Valley is an accessible, fun and good-looking Android game that doesn't ask too much of their players. Candy Valley features lots of different colorful levels that all follow on from another, and players will be to purchase boosters and other helpful items that make gameplay a little easier. Players will also be able to sign in with their Facebook accounts and show off their skills to their friends.
As with most games on Android, it's easy to find Candy Valley in the Play Store, and once players have downloaded it, they'll be given the option to sign in with one of their online accounts.
Players aren't forced to sign in of course, and it's nice and easy to continue to keep playing, all you need to do is just hit the "X" to play without signing in. It would however, have been nice to see some sort of Google Play Games integration in Candy Valley. Regardless, the game goes on to introduces players on how to play the game with a simple and sweet introduction to the game.
If you've played any games like Candy Crush before, then you'll know how to play Candy Valley, but the game still does an admirable job of making sure that you know how to play the game, and the introductory levels are both easy to complete and the instructions are easy to follow, too.
One of the key things to remember when playing Candy Valley is that you need to collect a certain number of different items in order to complete a level. These are denoted by the numbers at the very top of the display, these are often smaller numbers to begin with, but you'll be asked to find more and more as you get into the later levels.
It does seem pretty easy to begin with, but Candy Valley soon becomes a lot more difficult as you get into the later levels, and there's a lot of them to play through, giving players a lot to do, something that's always good to see in a game like this.
Over time, the levels and their patterns can become quite complicated, and while some seem to finding Candy Valley quite the challenge, I didn't think it was too difficult, at least not to the point that it was no longer fun, anyway.
While there might not be a huge amount different in Candy Valley from say, Candy Crush, or other similar games, there are a few differences here and there. Notably the fact that users will need to pick up and collect different recipes throughout the game, rather than just keep playing for the sake of it.
Players are also rewarded, simply and effectively with a score with a star rating at the end of each level. This is simple, but it's the sort of thing that a lot of gamers will have become accustomed to over the years, that's for sure.
On top of this, there are opportunities for players to complete daily bonus awards as well, which should help to keep some players coming back on a regular basis.
Candy Valley is the sort of Android game that might not appeal to everyone, especially now those that have already had enough of Candy Crush and other games. It is however, something that's quite addictive and will certainly give players, of all ages, that love puzzle games and such a lot to like. This is classic match-3 gameplay at its best and even though the overall look and feel of the game isn't the most original out there, it does feel fun. At the end of the day, if all you're looking for is a fun, simple and addictive puzzle game that will satisfy your cravings for yet more of this style of game, then Candy Valley is the game for you.
- Speed (4/5) - Both the pacing as well as performance of Candy Valley are good and players won't find themselves waiting around or rushing through things, either.
- Theme (3.5/5) - For the most part, there's not much in the way of great presentation here, unless of course you like looking at tasty treats and candies. Otherwise, there's not much here that's too original or all that good-looking.
- Features (4/5) - Its gameplay isn't all that original, but it is good fun and for the most part, that's all that really matters in such a game. It might not be the be all and end all, but it's simple, addictive fun.
- Overall (4/5) - While Candy Valley isn't the greatest game on the planet, it doesn't need to be. It runs well, looks good and is classic gameplay for players of all ages, especially more casual gamers and those looking for something simple, yet appealing.
- Works well on both smartphones as well as tablets, making this a good game for kids, too.
- Control system is simple and easy-to-use, without asking players to memorize or keep an eye on too much while playing.
- Classic match-3 gameplay will appeal to the majority of players that are looking for a classic puzzle game with a familiar spin on things.
- Great fun for younger players as well as the more casual gamer out there.
- Might not seem all that original compared to the myriad of other, similar games in the Play Store.
- Those looking for something a little more involved might want to look elsewhere.
Candy Valley is the sort of game that will be good fun for those that don't really want that much out of a game. It's not that original, and the gameplay might become repetitive over time, but that's not really a problem if you know what you're getting into. For players that want something relaxing, good-lucking and lighthearted, this is the sort of game that will appeal to them.