ASUS' CEO Confirms ZenFone 3 Smartphones Coming Next Month

ASUS has introduced the company’s ZenFone 2 devices during the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas back in January last year. The highest-end ZenFone 2 smartphone sported 4GB of RAM, and was the first such smartphone to be available out in the market. The company has introduced a number of additional ‘ZenFone’ models during 2015, but pretty much everyone interested in ASUS’ devices is wondering when will the ZenFone 3 lineup arrive. Well, the company has scheduled an event for May 30th not long ago, and it seemed like the ZenFone 3 handsets might be announced during the press conference, but that won’t happen it seems, read on.

The company’s CEO, Jerry Shen, basically confirmed that ASUS plans to introduce ZenFone 3 smartphone next month, in June. In addition to that, Mr. Shen has also said that the company will be targeting the mid-range segment with those devices. ASUS’ CEO was actually more than straightforward, and has also confirmed that over 90% of the ZenFone 3 smartphones will be fueled by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon processors, while the remaining 10% will ship with MediaTek’s chips, so it seems like we won’t be seeing Intel-powered ZenFone 3 devices after all.

It is worth mentioning that ASUS’ revenue grew over 40% on year in the first quarter of this year, mainly because of strong ZenFone 2 sales in Brazil, Russia, Europe and Southeast Asia. The company’s CEO has confirmed that the company is aiming to jump into the $260 - $307 segment with new products which will be announced soon, which means they plan to go head-to-head with a number of Chinese smartphone manufacturers which are currently very active in said segment, like Xiaomi, Huawei and Oppo, for example.

The ASUS ZenFone 3 devices will be available in six countries in August according to Mr. Shen, and the company’s CEO expect the ZenFone 3 and ZenFone 3 Max devices to account for almost two-thirds of total ZenFone 3 shipments. There you have it, we can expect new ZenFone 3 devices to be announced next month, and it will surely going to be interesting to see what specs exactly will they sport considering the fact they will be quite affordable, just like ZenFone 2 devices were.

Copyright ©2019 Android Headlines. All Rights Reserved
This post may contain affiliate links. See our privacy policy for more information.
You May Like These
More Like This:
About the Author
2014/05/Screenshot_20180125-000928__01__01.jpg
Kristijan has been writing for Android Headlines since 2014 and is an editor for the site. He has worked as a writer for several outlets before joining Android Headlines, and has a background in writing about Android and technology in general. He is a smartphone enthusiast that specializes in Android applications, and that platform in general. Contact him at Kristijan. [email protected]
Android Headlines We Are Hiring Apply Now