Power Clean is an Android app that wants to help people clean up their devices by taking back storage space from hungry app caches, uninstalling apps, moving apps to the SD card, removing duplicate pictures and more. Power Clean offers users a way of speeding up their device, as well as a way of finding out more about their device, boosting games before playing and a whole lot more. As a CPU cleaner, RAM cleaner, app manager and more, Power Clean has oodles of features on offer, so let’s take a closer look.
First of all, users looking to make the most of their smartphone with this will need to download Power Clean from the Play Store.
There’s an initial display showing you the key areas of your device and then some options below that, such as the ability to clean up your device. Something I found was a nice touch is that this will clean the storage on your device as well as the current apps in memory, but also give users a way of choose which apps and files to clean up.
I managed to find 206MB on my Galaxy S7 Edge to clean, and as Power Clean is a free app, I was unsurprised to see an ad after every process like this.
One thing that I was happy to see here in Power Clean that you don’t see in other apps like these is the ability to learn more about your device from the info screen.
For me however, the best feature of Power Clean by far was the ability to uninstall more than one app at a time using the App Manager, all you need to do is tick the boxes and then let the process run.
Power Clean even cleans up residual files and empty folders, something a lot of other apps won’t do.
It doesn’t stop there though, as Power Clean offers a quick and easy option to move apps to the SD card en mass, which is something I might consider now I have a 64GB card in my Samsung.
While the App Manager might be one of my favorite features, that doesn’t mean that it will be everyone’s favorite, and Power Clean has a lot on offer. These include features like the Game Boost, the AppLock, the CPU Cooler and the Power Boost, all of which can be accessed from the settings like this:
There are a lot of settings and things that can be tweaked and changed with Power Clean, but one of the things that’s turned on by default that I don’t like is the notification, seen here:
Thankfully, this can be turned off in the settings:
Power Clean is not alone in being one of the better cleaning apps available in the Play Store. There’s more than enough on offer here however, to separate Power Clean from the other apps out there. Everything on offer in Power Clean is comprehensive and where some apps might just simple offer the bare minimum for a feature, Power Clean will add in everything that it can. This can be something of a double-edge sword however, as there are a number of reminders, notifications and so on buried in the settings menu that it becomes a little tiresome. Having said that, for users that are looking for a comprehensive option that has all the major bases covered, Power Clean is the one to go for.
- Speed (4/5) – Power Clean runs nice and smoothly, and it can help improve the overall performance of your smartphone quite easily.
- Theme (4/5) – It’s a good-looking app and one that’s nice and easy to use, with a straightforward interface, although there are more than a few settings confusingly buried in the settings.
- Features (5/5) – This has everything that any could ever want where speeding up and streamlining their device is concerned, and it can help save space, speed up your device and help users take control of their devices.
- Overall (4.5/5) – Not without its problems, Power Clean gets the job done and gives users a lot of different features to make the most of and it can help users make the most of their smartphone by speeding it up, freeing up some space or whatever else.
- Cache cleaner helps to take back space from hungry apps as well as speed up performance.
- App Manager can batch uninstall, move and clean up apps, making the process nice and quick for multiple apps and games.
- Power Clean offers users with lots of photos the opportunity to clean up duplicate photos.
- Game Booster gives players a nice boost to get the most out of their games and get rid of any lag.
- Notification is turned on by default which can be a little annoying (but this can be turned off in the settings).
- Lots of reminders and pop-ups are turned on by default in the settings.
Power Clean is an app that those looking to take back some precious space on their smartphone should certainly give a try, and it’s free to download and try out, too. With a great cache cleaner, app manager, game booster and a lot more on offer, this is a great tool to speed up and keep your Android device clean and speedy.