FuntaPix is a fun new chat and photo app for Android that brings together the ability to take and edit photos into something a little funnier with the ability to chat and share with people all over the world. Users can invite friends to the app using their existing contacts list, and there's a wide range of stickers and animations that people can apply to their pictures. From there, users can share these images online and connect with other people the world over. It's easy to take an image there and then, or edit and share something you might have took a long time ago. FuntaPix users can see what FP pics people have created by tapping on their profile, and it's really easy to engage with others. So, let's take a look, shall we?
The first thing that people will need to do is to download FuntaPix from the Play Store. It's free to download, and it's quick and easy to get started with.
I was unsure of why such an app would need a phone number, and to be honest I would rather not have to hand mine over, but this gives you an access code and also makes it nice and simple to add contacts using your existing phone number. Users can then create a simple profile with a picture as well as a username.
Once you have everything set up, there's a quick introduction on how to use the app.
At first glance, I did find the overall UI of FuntaPix a little dated and clunky, but it works well and is fairly easy to use. Sat at my boring desk, I have a view of a boring keyboard, which is coming through the real time display of the camera.
This is perhaps the whole point of FuntaPix of course, as I can easily spruce up this image by choosing one or more of the stickers or animations.
I chose the funny Robin animation, and while this still image doesn't do it justice, it looks pretty funny my end.
There are lots of different funny animations to choose from with FuntaPix though, so there's a lot that people can do in terms of creating something fresh and funny to share with people. These are also easily moved and placed wherever you want them on a picture as well.
This allows people to create some pretty funny stuff, especially when they combine the two animations and stickers together.
With FuntaPix, people can see FP photos from all over the world.
It's also pretty easy to only share these FPs with friends and adjust the timer to ensure that they disappear after a certain time, like Snapchat. Unlike Snapchat however, you can make it so that these photos are always accessible, by setting the timer back to the default "infinity" setting.
More than just sharing these funny pictures with people, FuntaPix allows users to chat to each other as well. This makes it a good platform to talk about a shared memory and such.
With FuntaPix, it's super-easy to take a look at previously-shared images as well, just access the FP gallery.
FuntaPix to me is a sort of mismatch of different ideas and things. It's got the timed sharing from Snapchat, a funny sticker and animation photo editor and a chat part of the app similar to WhatsApp and others. Together, these work to create a fun platform that people can share common memories with, laugh about previous family outings and more. However, I wish the UI on Android was a little more refined and smoother as the app feels more like a port from the iPhone than anything else, and the setup procedure doesn't offer users much feedback as to why their phone number is needed and so on. Despite some hiccups here and there though, there's a lot on offer with FuntaPix, and it could just do with a fresh UI and a speed boost to make it a hell of a lot of fun on Android.
- Speed (3.5/5) -Â The setup procedure is fairly quick, but the app itself can feel a little clunky at times, especially when getting photos from Google Photos and such.
- Features (4/5) -Â When using FuntaPix it becomes quickly apparent that the creators wanted users to be able to have all sorts of fun. The focus is on the photos and there are lots of tools available here, but the chat and timed sharing help people to make even more out of these photos.
- Theme (3.5/5) -Â The overall look and feel of FuntaPix could also do with some work, as the app feels a little clunky on Android and looks a little dated overall.
- Overall (4/5) -Â Despite some hiccups here and there, FuntaPix is a fun photo platform that not only offers lots of creative options, but also the ability to chat and control how long someone can look at the images.
- Offers users all sorts of different stickers and animations to customize their photos with, giving them lots of possibilities to create something fun and playful.
- Allows users the choice to take a photo there and then as well as the ability to choose an image from Google Photos or other device folders, too.
- Doesn't ask too much from the user, offers a quick and simple way of taking, creating and sharing images.
- With the social network side of things, FuntaPix gives users the ability to chat and control how long their images are shared for.
- Doesn't seem to explain just why a phone number is needed in the initial setup process.
- Feels a little slow and dated on Android, as if it was ported from iOS.
All-in-all, FuntaPix is an Android app that has a little bit of everything on offer to users. They can take a photo, share it or create something totally new using the fun animations and stickers. The Snapchat side of things work well, and there's always a lot going on around the world. The great thing is that this can be very personal, with users able to share photos only with their friends and control the length it can be seen for, or the ability to share it on a wider scale, too. A fun photo app that's worth a look, FuntaPix is a good mixture for Android users.