Jetpack Water Jump is an endless Runner game for Android that asks players to keep on going for as long as they can using their jetpack, ability to swim and smart timing to get over smaller jumps. It's a simple, yet addictive game for Android that doesn't ask too much of its players and is just looking to offer players a good time. There are lots of challenges that players can hit as well as Google Play Games integration to make the whole experience more competitive. On top of that, there are unlocks and boosters that players can acquire to further the gameplay. So, let's take a look at Jetpack Water Jump shall we?
Just like other Android games, users can download Jetpack Water Jump from the Play Store. When first launched, the game will offer players a number of different modes to choose from; Arcade, Hardcore and Multiplayer.
As I've not played the game before, I'm going to give the Arcade mode a try. Happily, Jetpack Water Jump gives new players simple hints on how to actually play the game.
Unlike other games, this isn't just a game that asks players to tap or tap and hold to jump, as it also incorporates underwater elements in the gameplay, too.
Once players get used to the controls (which won't take long) the real challenge begins and while things start off nice and simple:
The larger platforms quickly disappear and smaller platforms are left, leaving players having to make sure their timing is pretty much perfect in order to keep going.
While our little friend here can dive underwater for a little bit, he needs to be able to get out, and if you fail to jump out on to a platform then it'll be game over.
One thing that I did like about Jetpack Water Jump is that at the end of each run, the game gives players awards and progress in certain challenges. These help to provide more coins for the player, and it also adds an extra layer of fun to the game as well.
Of course, players are also given a score too:
Boosts can be chosen at the beginning of each round once players have collected some coins, these range from longer jetpacks to a head start. It's good fun to try them all out.
Coins are collected fairly frequently throughout plays, but if users wish to they can also pay for some extra coins via in-app purchases, which can also be used to remove ads as well.
There's also character that can be unlocked by spending coins or even by completing challenges, too.
Some of which users can unlock for free by simply playing the game.
After spending some time with Jetpack Water Jump I can see why a lot of users will be into the game, as overall it's good fun. The gameplay is pretty simple from the get go, but with added mechanics like being able to dive under the water, players are pleasantly kept on their toes and there's a lot more incentive to keep playing this than with other endless runner games. For instance, a lot of other endless runner games just display a score and that's it, but Jetpack Water Jump has oodles of challenges to achieve as well as tight integration with Google Play Games, not to mention an online multiplayer portion to it as well. Boosters and power-ups help keep things spicy as well, and give players new ways to conquer the game and it helps to keep things fresh, too.
- Speed (4/5) - No problems with performance here, this is a speedy game that works very well, and doesn't have any issues or bugs.
- Features (4/5) - The core mechanic is very similar to other endless runner games, but there's a lot else piled on top to keep the game fresh and challenging for players.
- Theme (4/5) - The graphics here might not be too flashy, but the cartoon style and animations are all well-polished in Jetpack Water Jump and it should appeal to both young and old players alike.
- Overall (4/5) - A solid and entertaining arcade-style game that has a lot to offer players, Jetpack Water Jump is worth trying out and it's definitely a lot of fun.
- Offers much more than the standard endless runner games available in the Play Store.
- Multiplayer mode gives players the chance to proof their skills in real time.
- Boosters and power-ups help keep the action nice and fresh for players looking for more than just a casual endless runner.
- Lots of challenges and achievements to keep players engaged in the game for a long time to come.
- Won't appeal to those that aren't big fans of endless runners.
- Bonus rounds for bigger coin collection would be a nice feature to see.
All-in-all, Jetpack Water Jump is a game that will appeal to a lot of players out there, both casual or otherwise, and there's a lot on offer here. More than your usual endless runner, this has a lot of challenges and achievements as well as a dedicated multiplayer mode for those looking to proof themselves in more than just high scores alone. Great fun for all ages, this is well worth checking out.