Watch Faces by Hyperflow is a collection of four different watch faces for Android Wear smartwatches that are designed to be minimal, good-looking and above all functional. The four watch faces are Nova, Pulse, Sphere and Chrono. Neatly spilt into a pair of watch faces that should appeal to those that prefer digital time and two that will appeal to those who prefer analog watch faces. Each one is a little different, but all four of them share common DNA as well as the ability to tweak the color accents to ensure a fully-customizable experience for those that enjoy a little tweak here and there. With four different watch faces all in one, there has to be something here for the majority of users, so let's find out.
Something to note here is that this is an Android app that will only work with Android Wear smartwatches, and won't work with smartwatches running Tizen like Samsung's or the Pebble line of watches. With that said, users can download Watch Faces by Hyperflow from the Play Store. Rather than this collection having a single app to control all of them, the watch faces are installed singularly onto your watch. To choose them on your phone, you just need to head on over to the Android Wear app and choose one of them by their names.
Here, I've selected Chrono – which I think is my absolute favorite, to be honest with you – and when choosing the settings icon (which can also be done on the watch, too) users can choose a different color accent to play with.
I'm a sucker for a light blue color, I really am and here's a little peak of how it looks on my watch:
What the above photo doesn't show is that the accent on the Chrono face is very subtle and only really appears on the second hand, which moves incredibly smoothly, it's a real joy to take a look at, really. Now, this is my favorite but there are of course four different watch faces to choose from. Below is a small gallery giving you a taste of all them.
Another look at a watch face on my wrist would be Pulse, which appeals to the Editor in me as well as someone who wants to know what the time is right away, but also looking for a little flare, too.
Again, the customization options here really help to make each one of these four watch faces stand out on your wrist, no matter what sort of look you're going for.
I've been using Android Wear for a long time now, since the original LG G Watch went on sale and since then I've probably played around with more watch faces than I could possibly remember. I'm now on my fourth Android Wear watch and I'm amassed a collection of some of my favorite watch faces, I still try a lot of them, but rarely do I find those that I'm interested in keeping in my "rotation" of sorts. This new collection has added a couple of new watch faces to that cycle of different watch faces. I really, really like Chrono face here and it reminds of an even more futuristic Braun watch face, while my second-favorite, Pulse, offers a nice mix of analog and digital with a little modern-day flare to it. The other two are good-looking, but they're not really for me. That's the beauty of having a selection of four different watch faces of course, especially for the price of one, as there's a little something for the majority of users here.
- Speed (4/5) – All four of these watch faces run great, and as there's no proprietary app on the phone side of things, there's no more burden on your device.
- Theme (5/5) – I think these are some of the better-looking Android Wear watch faces that have come out for some time, and they're modern while also being classy and understated all at the same time.
- Features (3.5/5) – As good-looking as they are, some users will lament any extra options besides a handful of different colors and some extra features such as the temperature or step count would be nice to see.
- Overall (4/5) – While these designs might not appeal to everyone, it would be hard to hear someone say they didn't like them at all, and they're definitely worth looking into if you want something classy and modern all in the same collection.
- Simple and easy to use, no need for an extra app on the phone or anything like that.
- Four watch faces – Nova, Pulse, Sphere and Chrono – make this a great value collection.
- Excellent look and feel to all four faces here, with a modern, minimal aesthetic that will appeal to a lot of users.
- Customization options are thoughtful and good-looking.
- Extra features, such as step count or weather would make these a little more useful.
- Extra customization options beyond just color would be nice for demanding users to better express themselves.
Watch Faces by Hyperflow has a good selection of watch faces on offer, and while I wish that they were a little more feature full in what they offer, they sure do look great. While there's no free version available, this is a great price for four different watch faces, let alone just one. With some added features and more customization options, this collection will only get better and better. As it stands however, these are some great-looking watch faces that have a lot to offer.