Carla & Schnuu Watch Face is an Android Wear watch face for devices like the Motorola Moto 360, Huawei Watch and more. It features a cute and funny anime pairing of the happy Carla and her grumpy pet Octopus Schnuu. The two of them are always together and the watch face depicts them in all sorts of funny situations, with Carla enjoying herself and Schnuu providing the grumps, leading to the classic Japanese comedy that anime fans the world over enjoy. The watch face comes in a variety of different designs and also gives users a homescreen widget to further customize their Android experience. So, let's take a look at this fun little option, shall we?
There are two different versions of Carla & Schnuu Watch Face, a Lite version that can be downloaded for free, and a paid version that can be downloaded here. Remember, this is an app that will only work on Android Wear smartwatches, but the homescreen widgets will work with any Android device out there.
When the app is installed and launched for the first time, there are two options available, to either set the watch face or add a widget to your homescreen. Choosing the watch face takes you to the Android Wear app where you'll need to choose Carla & Schnuu from your list of faces.
Choosing the familiar settings icon either on your watch or on your phone will let you choose from a load of different designs, all sharing similarities.
There are options for the day time, which looks something like this on your wrist:
Something happens at lunch time when using this watch face and the picture changes to the pair of them eating a meal, but this can be changed to suit when you have your lunch or break.
At night time, the look of the watch changes to one of these options.
Which looks something like this on my watch:
As well as the watch faces, uses can put these Carla & Schnuu clocks on their homescreens as little widgets.
This allows users to make better use of the app and perhaps bring a little bit of fun to their homescreens, the app allows these widgets to be either round or square, depending on preference.
Overall, I enjoyed spending time with Carla & Schnuu Watch Face and even though it's not perhaps my style - I'm a 6'2" big guy - I can see why people will find this a lot of fun. Not only will it show a playful side to you when people notice it on your watch, but it can also bring a smile to your face as well. The fact that the watch faces change depending on what time it is works well, and the two characters themselves offer some hilarious images to chuckle at. For anime fans the world over, these two characters have a lot to offer, and they certainly work well on circular watches, as well as square ones, too. However, the watch display itself could be a little larger, and a date display would be nice to see as well.
- Speed (4/5) - Everything here runs nice and smoothly, and there's nothing to get in the way of the overall experience and the face is light on your watch as well.
- Features (4/5) - Despite the fairly mediocre digital watch display, the variety of different images with the two characters is nice and anime fans, as well as those looking for something a little cuter for their watch, will have more than enough to work with here.
- Theme (5/5) - Both Carla & Schnuu are good-looking, fun characters that look great and while they might not be for everyone, the artwork is great and consistent as the time changes throughout the day.
- Overall (4/5) - This sort of look and feel might not be for everyone, but there's a lot on offer here, and for those looking for something more playful and cure, Carla & Schnuu can bring a welcome distraction to your wrist.
- High-quality artwork with lots of different changes throughout the day makes this an ever-changing watch face.
- No need to spend time messing with the settings, just choose 24-hour or 12-hour times and let the watch change as the time does.
- Cute and fun characters, Carla & Schnuu have a lot to offer those looking for something fun.
- Offers homescreen widgets as well to make the overall value of the app stretch a little further
- Full version might be considered a little expensive for some people.
- Watch display itself is a fairly simple digital clock with no date option.
All-in-all, Carla & Schnuu Watch Face is something that is nice to have installed on your watch for something fun and lighthearted, and something the kids will enjoy seeing if you have children, too. There's a lot of different face designs on offer overall, and there's also the ability to use them as homescreen widgets as well. The clock display could do with some larger options as well as a date option, but this small offering does help the great artwork stand out overall.