Dulp is an Android game that’s a fun and simple arcade game for all ages. The main aim of the game is to match up throwing balls with the colors spinning round. This isn’t as easy as it sounds as you have to time it exactly right otherwise you will hit the other colors and it’ll be game over. As time goes on and players go from one level to the next the difficulty level starts to rise. With smaller circles, more colors, faster movements and even double rings things can become quite tricky the more players spend trying to reach their high scores. Speaking of which, these can be shared with others online for competition.
As with other games on Android, players can download Dulp from the Play Store and then get started.
Players start on the first level, where things are fairly easy, as there are few colors and the circle spins fairly slowly.
The controls are nice and simple, and players just need to press anywhere on the screen to launch the ball into the circle. Over time, the circle might get smaller or gain more colors and start to move more quickly.
The spinning circle can either become large or small, which challenges players to adjust their timing to make sure they launch the ball at the correct time.
One of the most difficult levels that I came across was one of the first to feature two separate circles. What makes this more difficult then it first seems is that you have to launch the balls in the order the game gives them to you.
Players can choose which of the 200 levels Dulp offers to play whenever they want.
Dulp is a free game, but it does feature ads during gameplay, as well as fullscreen ads every few levels or so, but this can be removed for a small free.
One thing that players will like about Dulp is that the levels get progressively more and more difficult as they keep on playing.
Dulp is a game that’s been downloaded over 1 Million times by now, and it’s easy to see why. It might not be the most original game concept out there, but it’s a lot of fun and considering it’s so easy to play it’s a good game for one-handed play. Which makes Dulp a game that can be played on the commute quite easily as well as for longer periods of play. By making Dulp a game that relies heavily on upping the ante all the time, it creates a solid challenge for players as they keep on going. Challenging yourself is a big element of why these arcade games on Android are such good fun, and the developers have done a great job of making a simple, yet addictive and compelling game.
- Speed (4/5) – Dulp runs nice and smoothly on pretty much any sort of Android hardware, and players can either take their time or try to run through the different levels quickly.
- Features (4/5) – While Dulp might not be the most original game out there, it’s still good fun. Not to mention, the fact that each level is a little more difficult than the last gives players a real sense of progression as well as a strong challenge.
- Theme (3.5/5) – It’s a colorful game, but Dulp doesn’t have much else on offer, there’s no music and the sound effects are few and far between.
- Overall (4/5) – A simple and compelling little game for Android, Dulp has a lot going for it, especially for fans of arcade style games that don’t ask too much of the player.
- Simple control system makes Dulp a game that can be played anywhere and everywhere with little o no hassle.
- Offers players an ever-increasing challenge as they go from one level to the next, keeping players engaged.
- With 200 levels on offer, there’s a lot to like about Dulp, and is good value for a free game.
- Timing is one of the best mechanics in arcade games, and Dulp uses this in spades to deliver a fun game above all else.
- Ads that display during gameplay could become distracting for some players.
- Might not be the most original game on Android.
While there are other games out there that play very closely to the style of gameplay Dulp offers, that’s no reason to write Dulp off as a game that has a lot for players to get stuck into. There are 200 different levels available, all of them for free if players can put up with a few ads here and there. A quality, simple and addictive arcade game for Android, Dulp is worth giving a try.