Uh Oh Fun Photo Prank is an Android app that aims to deliver on its name by offering up a practical joke for smartphone users everywhere. It’s a simple app that can easily be installed on to someone’s smartphone which then tricks them into believing that either all of their photos are being deleted or that they’ve deleted all of your photos on your phone. It does this by playing a simple little animation that looks as though Android is deleting your images and while all of this is going on it’s recording a video of the person’s reaction to share with other people or post online if you wanted to.
As with other Android apps, users just need to download Uh Oh – Fun Photo Prank from the Play Store and launch it to get started.
Users just need to select at least 7 different photos for the prank to work, this is done by simply ticking some tick boxes and pressing continue when you’re done. As you can see I’ve selected a handful of different photos on my device of my cats and such:
How or who you prank is up to you. For instance, the way I would do it is to hand off the phone to someone showing them some photos and then play it up when they tell me they’ve deleted all of my photos. While they’re running through these photos, a number of alerts will come up that the user can answer Yes or No to.
Inevitably though, no matter what they choose, Uh Oh – Fun Photo Prank will go ahead and opt to “delete” all of the photos on the device it’s installed on, giving users a quick little progress bar to mull over.
The app takes a video in the background while all of this is going on, with the idea to capture the final moment as it happens with the phone. Users can stop this when they’ve done enough by hitting the volume down button.
The aim is to capture moments like this as all of the photos seemingly disappear and are permanently deleted from the device.
Uh Oh – Fun Photo Prank is definitely a fairly simple little Android app, but it’s one that could be a lot of fun depending how good you are at keeping a straight face. The only real issue I have with it is that because there’s just a paid version it could be difficult to get it installed on someone else’s phone, not to mention pranking someone is one thinking but using their money without their knowledge is another. This makes it a little difficult to use it on other devices than your own, but of course it’s easy to pass your friend or loved one a dollar after the prank to cover the cost, and at least this way it means that there are no ads or anything involved here. Photos are precious to us, and the idea that they’re all being deleted will probably upset quite a lot of people. Of course, if you use Dropbox or Google Photos, then this sort of prank isn’t going to fool you or make you panic. Regardless, there is a market out there for something like this.
- Speed (4/5) – Quick to download and quick to setup, this is one prank that shouldn’t take long to pull off.
- Features (4/5) – Let’s be honest here, Uh Oh – Fun Photo Prank is a pretty simple app and it doesn’t quite have that much on offer, but it is something that I can see being a lot of fun depending on how it’s used and with whom.
- Theme (3.5/5) – Some improvement could be made to the low-resolution opening graphics and interface, but it’s easy to use at least.
- Overall (4/5) – Uh Oh – Fun Photo Prank is not a complicated or sophisticated app, but rather a fun practical joke that might pull the wool over some older users’ eyes and share a few laughs.
- Easy to download and get started with, it only takes a few moments.
- Captures video to make it easy to share with other friends or family members, or even share online if you want to.
- Looks convincing to a lot of Android users, especially those that have been using Android for a while.
- Good prank to play on others with your own phone making them feel guilty about deleting your photos and such.
- App design does feel a little dated in parts.
- As it’s a paid-for app, it can be difficult to get it installed on someone else’s phone.
All-in-all, Uh Oh – Fun Photo Prank is what it is; a silly and fun little app that is a bit of fun. It might upset a few people, anger or worry others but it’s all over nice and quickly and how you handle things after that is up to you. The video recording part of things is well done and there’s no evidence that a recording is taking place while they’re looking through the photos and we’re sure that some users will be able to get some excellent reactions over time.