File Expert with Clouds is an establish file browser for Android that has been around for years now, and with each release it adds more and more features. The last major update added a fresh, clean Material Design interface and now with version 7.1.5 the team have added comprehensive printing support. This new feature makes it nice and easy to print whatever you want on your Android smartphone or tablet directly from your file browser. On top of this new feature there’s still the same myriad of support for every file type going, a clean interface, a music player and more all rolled into one Android application. So, let’s take a quick look at what File Expert has to offer, as well as a look at the new printing function.
If you don’t already File Expert with Clouds installed, you can download it from the Play Store here. When you first open the app, you’ll be presented with a quick overview of your files.
File Expert has a long reputation offering up not just a clean and easy to use interface, but also a whole range of different tools on offer. At the core of it all however, is a comprehensive file manager:
You can view your folders and such as icons as they would look on your PC or laptop, and you can easily sort them however you want:
There are a lot of different features on offer here, such as the ability to see all of your installed apps, as well as APK files that might be on your device, too.
In the tools menu, users will find some other neat additions that can help people do routine things on their device, as well as give power users some extra tools.
What’s nice about File Expert is that it handles media files on its own, without sending you to another app. This included photos, movies and music. So when viewing photos from your camera – in order to print them, share with people or email them – you can get a quick look at what each photo is.
Speaking of photos, these are things people often want to print, and with the latest version of File Expert, you can print directly from the app. Never mind if it’s an image or a document of whatever type, File Expert will let you print directly from the app.
There’s a printing guide included in the Help section of the app as well, which can educate users on how to get things set up.
File Expert says that a lot of people will be able to print without using any data, but for whatever reason I couldn’t get my Epson to print without using Google’s Cloud Print. This is probably due to the fact that Epson do not offer an Android plugin. Either way, I was still able to connect to my printer and File Expert lets you make some quick changes to the document before you print.
Just to proof that it worked, here’s the quick picture of my friend’s dog that I printed of (of course, if I were printing this for real I’d be using photo paper).
File Expert with Clouds has been around for a long time now, and there’s very little that the accomplished file browser cannot do. With a comprehensive file browser that doesn’t balk at compressed files, handles all common types of media inside the app itself and more with included tools to keep your phone clean and tidy as well as download files quicker and manage your installed apps as well. The new printing feature is just one more addition that adds to the long, long list of things that File Expert can do for you, and it really does work. I had a little trouble getting my Epson to work, but that’s the beauty of Google Cloud Print, File Expert plugs right into this and allows you to print whatever you want no matter where it’s stored – locally or otherwise – with little to no hassle.
- Speed (4/5) – As always, File Expert launches quickly, connects to network shares quickly and loads thumbnails in a speedy fashion as well.
- Features (5/5) – With the new printing feature, File Expert practically does it all. It allows for some of the best file management on Android, and now it can make it easy to print items no matter where you are, or even if it’s even stored on your device or not.
- Theme (4/5) – The Material Design look and feel works well here, and is nice and clean as well as well as easy to use.
- Overall (4.5/5) – The new printing feature makes File Expert with Clouds even more fully-featured as well as one of the must-haves on Android.
- Looks good with a clean, fresh Material Design interface.
- New printing feature connects to whatever printer you have and will print files or photos stored locally as well as online.
- Connects with Google Drive, Dropbox and Microsoft OneDrive to deliver complete coverage of cloud services.
- Has lots of extra features for power users like a Super Downloader and network tools.
- No option to just remove ads for a lesser fee, users need to pay for the full version.
- New printing feature only allows for 15 free prints as a free trial.
File Expert with Clouds is one of the must-have applications on Android. Since it was updated with a fresh Material Design, it became a fun, good-looking file browser and now with the new printing update it gets even better. It’s a great app that absolutely gets the job done and it only keeps on getting better and better with each major update.