Jumpy Horse Breeding is an Android game that allows kids, as well as big kids, to create their dream show horse. With detailed 3D graphics and animations of all the horses, there's a lot on offer here for those that are looking to create something original. More than that however, players can then enter their Horses into certain competitions, competing against other real-life players online. A great game for younger players as well as it is for those just interested in Horses, Jumpy Horse Breeding can be a good way of getting familiar with Horses, and it offers up the ability to feed and take care of your individual horses.
To get started with Jumpy Horse Breeding you just need to download it from the Play Store and then get started.
There's sadly no introduction or tutorial with the game, which might end up being a problem for some younger players, as it is a little confusing at first. Basically you need to choose a Mare for breeding, and then you end up watching them trot on over to the breeding paddock.
As much as I enjoyed the very accurate modelling of a Horse moving, this did take some time, and I saw no way of being able to skip it. Either way, your chosen Mare ends up in the breeding paddock before long, with a strange speech bubble above their head.
I'm sure these speech bubbles are for the younger players, but I did find these a little strange. You're then asked to choose a Stallion to breed with your chosen Mare.
The two of them then spend some time in the Breeding Paddock (parents note, there's nothing graphic here).
Then, you end up with a Mare that you need to take care of.
In this menu, you can brush and feed your Mare and wait for here to give birth to your next generation of Horses This is a pretty standard feature, but it's one that younger players will really enjoy, undoubtedly.
You can also use Jumpy Horse Breeding to enter Horses into Competitions online with others.
You do this by choosing an open competition from the list:
You enter a competition by create a certification, which gives users the opportunity to take photos:
You end up with a certificate of photos and stats for the Horse you'll be entering into the tournament.
Jumpy Horse Breeding is a game that will only appeal to Horse Enthusiasts and younger players, and while there's nothing wrong with that it could still do with some work. For one thing, there's little in the way of actually explaining to players what they have to do in the game, leaving them wondering what's going on. Of course, things are fairly easy to piece together on their own, but it's not quite as straightforward as it ought to be. As for the overall premise of the game, I can see this being good fun, but it needs more content as it feels a little basic right now. Having said all of this, there are a number of things that Jumpy Horse Breeding gets right, including the overall look of the graphics and it's a refreshing game for younger players.
- Speed (4/5) - This is a graphically intensive game, and so it only runs well on some of the better hardware from the past couple of years.
- Theme (4/5) - The horses look good, as do their surroundings and the animations are really fairly accurate for a game like this.
- Features (3.5/5) - There needs to be some tutorials as well as some more features included here, as it does feel a little basic at points.
- Overall (4/5) - For younger girls I can see this being good fun, especially for those that want to learn more about Horses and how breeding actually works. With room to improve however, more features and a tutorial would make this a whole lot better.
- Lots of different types of Horses to choose from on both the Stallion and Mare side of things.
- Quality 3D graphics that are detailed and good-looking.
- Animation is great, and reminds me of a real horse, which is of course a good thing.
- Ability to enter competitions is something that a lot of horse owners aspire to, and it's a nice feature here.
- Some added features would be nice to see, beyond just competitions and taking care of the Horses.
- Interactive tutorial would really help to get people more involved in the game, rather than leaving them on their own.
All-in-all, Jumpy Horse Breeding is a game that won't appeal to everyone, but it's something that I can see a lot of people enjoying, especially those that have a passing for horses and/or horse riding. With no ads for graphic content, this is also a good game for younger players, especially younger girls, which is always nice as there aren't enough games out there like this.