MoboMarket is an Android app store that's been around since 2012, and now offers up somewhere in the region of 500,000 different apps and games. Since latest version of MoboMarket now features a completely redesigned user interface that embraces Material Design a lot more and should fit in better with even the latest version of Android. There are new features in this version as well, such as the ability to create an account and rack up points to redeem for prizes as well as user-created forum for help with issues or even more app suggestions. For those looking for a way to get hold of new Android apps and games in a safe and secure manner, MoboMarket is a nice alternative, so let's take a closer look at this latest version.
As MoboMarket is in fact its own app store users will need to download it from the MoboMarket website. It's just a quick and simple download and install to get the app on your device.
Right away, I was sadly greeted with something of a low point, before I had even the chance to explore what MoboMarket has to offer I was asked to install 50MB of apps.
This is disappointing to see, as many of these apps might not even be all that good but ultimately it's up to the user whether or not they want to install them.
We can see the completely new UI working its magic. The main page of MoboMarket is colorful, easily navigated and it does a good job of showing off new apps and games.
There are top lists for both apps and games, and here is a look at the top apps for games:
As you can see, this new UI makes it nice and easy to see which games or apps are free or cost a fee, and downloading an app is a little different to using say, the Play Store.
Each time you download an app or game, you'll need to manually install it, which is quite a hassle, but it's only something that users will get used to over time.
Looking at the detailed app listing for something helps to further show off the new UI here, and as we can see everything is neatly laid out and the content is easy to distinguish and understand.
There are of course user reviews included in these app listings, too:
With MoboMarket you can easily see other similar apps to the one you're looking at by using genre tags, this game was tagged as being "arcade" so when I clicked on the arcade tag I was taken to other games that matched that genre.
Naturally, there's also a way of searching for whatever app or game you want to find, although there is yet more suggestions here as well.
MoboMarket is not just an Android app store however, and it can be used to speed up your phone and clear up junk files, as we find out if we head on over to extra settings.
One of bigger reasons you might use something like MoboMarket is to get access to apps that aren't available elsewhere, and MoboMarket isn't short on these, either.
For those users situated in India, Indonesia and Thailand there'a new points and account system in this version of MoboMarket. Users in these regions can create an account and manage their points.
How do people get these points I hear you ask? Well that's simple they just install certain apps or share MoboMarket, there are always a lot of tasks to complete in order to get more points:
Users can then redeem these points for small items and accessories, which is a lot more than the Google Play Store offers:
MoboMarket has been around for some time now, and there doesn't seem to be any signs of it going away, in fact it just keeps on getting better. The new user interface here is much, much better than it has been in previous versions, and everything is a lot smoother overall. I still don't like the intrusive app suggestions when users first launch the app. Having said that, this is a good way of discovering apps that you maybe might not when using the Google Play Store on its own and it is nice and easy to find new apps and games with MoboMarket. Besides, the Google Play Store doesn't offer up free gifts for just using the store now, does it?
- Speed (4/5) - MoboMarket runs nice and quickly and apps are downloaded in no time at all.
- Features (5/5) - As Android app stores go, this is one of the more complete options, and MoboMarket only continues to get better and better.
- Theme (4.5/5) - With yet another new UI, MoboMarket now fits in with Android much better and is a real joy to use overall. Everything is easily navigated and there are no hurdles or hoops to jump through when looking for something new.
- Overall (4/5) - A great way to find new apps and games from some of the best developers out there, MoboMarket has a lot going for it, and it's something everyone should try out.
- Brand new user interface is a lot cleaner, and has an excellent Material Design look and feel.
- Great way of finding new apps and games you might not by using just the Play Store.
- Exclusive apps and games help keep the selection nice and fresh.
- For regions that support it (India, Indonesia and Thailand) this offers a way of getting something back.
- Some of the app suggestions can feel a little pushy.
- Users will have to get used to manually installing apps when they download them.
Overall, MoboMarket is still the great selection of over 500,000 apps and games that it's always been, but it now has a much nicer user interface and runs a little quicker. With some of the best apps and games from all sorts of trusted developers, it's a great way of getting hold of new suggestions you wouldn't do by using just the Play Store on its own. Completely free to use, users can take a look at MoboMarket by downloading it from their website.