Touch&Solve Calculator is an Android app that offers up a fully Material Design calculator for your smartphone or tablet. Designed to be both simple to use and fully-featured, Touch&Solve comes with a detailed computing history view, a simple settings page and easy to use scientific instructions. Touch&Solve sets itself apart from the crowd in other areas as well, like making it easy to work out degrees and radians, as well as the ability to switch between them as well. The Material Design look and feel that Google debuted with Lollipop is great, but there's no dark theme, Touch&Solve includes a night mode to make it nice and easy to make out numbers easier and is gentler on your eyes while crunching numbers late at night.
To get started, you'll need to download Touch&Solve Calculator from the Play Store. It's free to use, but if you want to disable ads, you can purchase the full version of the app here. Once you've done that, you're ready to start crunching some numbers.
Right away, you can see the clean, easy to make out look and feel of the Material Design here. All the numbers and operations are spaced out easily, and if if you swipe to the left, you'll get even more operations to work with.
Touch&Solve is a flexible calculator, and can be used however you like, including in landscape, and as you can see in the below shot can be used for everything you might need it for.
As we mentioned above, there's also the dark theme that's available for those fed up of all that color, and this also makes it easier to make out numbers for those with not-so-perfect vision.
You might be wondering why you need an aftermarket calculator app when the one on your smartphone is just fine. Well, Touch&Solve comes with a dedicated and detailed computing history, which still looks good, but certainly gets the job done.
You can easily delete entries here, and you can adjust settings for the history and more from the settings page.
You'll notice that here you can stop your device from going to sleep, which might shorten the battery life of your device a little, but those using Touch&Solve at their desk for work purposes will appreciate this neat addition.
It has to be said that there's a little bit of head scratching that goes on when looking at an aftermarket calculator app, as all smartphones ship with one that does much of the same operations. Where Touch&Solve makes its case is through the computing history, the simple, yet appreciated settings such as the ability to keep the device awake as well as changes to how the computing history acts. The Material Design is flawless here, and this is arguably better looking and easier to use than Google's own calculator app, it's certainly more fully-featured that's for sure. If you want just a little extra in a calculator app, without an ugly interface or a million different settings to choose from, then Touch&Solve is the Calculator app you've been looking for.
- Speed (4/5) - A quick calculator app, Touch&Solve won't keep you waiting, that's for sure.
- Features (4.5/5) - A mix of just enough extra and a simple approach to calculating equations, Touch&Solve is a nice middle ground between apps that offer too much, and those that offer too little.
- Theme (4/5) - The Material Design look and feel here works great, and while some different color choices would be nice, the night mode is an appreciated addition.
- Overall (4/5) - Touch&Solve Calculator might not be an immediate need for a lot of users, but there's good value here and it offers up just enough extra to replace whatever calculator app your Android device came with.
- Offers users history of calculations without any hoops to go through or anything.
- Night mode will be a little gentler on battery life and makes numbers easier to make out.
- Easy to use with simple, intuitive touch controls.
- Will blend in no matter which Android device you're using.
- No setting to turn vibration on or off, but sliding it all the way down does the same thing.
- Different color themes would be a nice addition for such a Material Design app.
All-in-all, Touch&Solve is a great app for those that want a little more than the stock calculator app offers, but don't want to go overboard. The computing history alone is a good enough reason to use this instead of your built-in calculator app and it looks great as well. For a free app that costs very little to upgrade, thus getting rid of ads, Touch&Solve is a neat little addition to Android, and puts Google's own to shame.