DigiCal is a calendar and diary app for Android with a difference. Rather than just sync all your data together and present it to you in a couple of different views, DigiCal goes beyond all that. There are seven different calendar views, making it easy to find when you're free, keep track of things down to the hour and there's a slew of beautiful and helpful widgets for your homescreen. With an all new Material Design look and feel, all of DigiCal's features like smart image matching for events, RSVPs, multiple time zone selector, powerful calendar views and more are all rendered in a new look to match the latest version of Android. Let's take a closer look, shall we?
First of all, you should know that there are two different versions of DigiCal available. A free version that's well worth trying out first, and then a premium version that unlocks extra calendar and widget customization features. Once you've got everything set up with your preferred calendars you can begin to choose from the seven good-looking calendar views like this month view:
You can also tone things down to a week view, a day view or even a list view. Here's a look at the day view on a tablet.
As you can see, there's a lot of good use of Material Design here. DigiCal seems to take what people loved about the Google Calendar's last update and take things to a whole new level. Neat little additions like a straightforward, easily understood weather feature help DigiCal become a central part of everyday use.
DigiCal doesn't just sync events from your calendar, it adds information to it as well. Like, for instance, the ability to match an image of the actual place or activity from your event and then add it to the event view. This is a nice way of helping you to remember, what to pack and so on through a visual aid. The choice of either an illustration or a photo is also up to you as well!
Responding to events is often done through your email or something else, but with DigiCal, your calendar app takes care of this as well. Again, through a neat and good-looking interface that's easy to use.
DigiCal is a diary and calendar app that aims to become an everyday part of what you do with your smartphone, and that means lots of different widgets. This makes it easy to keep your favorite look and feel on your homescreen while also keeping up-to-date with events and invitations and such.
Speaking of customization, DigiCal offers a number of different themes to play around with and choose what you like best, as well.
If all of this white and colorful Material Design is too much for you, you can still create a nice and dark theme for your calendar.
Besides having the weather in all calendar views, you can also see current weather conditions in the navigation drawer. There is also a handy feature to star your favorite calendar view as the default view and the collapsible calendar accounts allows you to quickly hide or display calendars from different accounts.
Overall, there's a lot to love about DigiCal. Not only does it sync with your existing calendars, but it extends all this information to make it easier to digest and keeps your organized. Little touches like the weather next to an event is always handy, and as silly as it sounds, it'll save you embarrassment that one time you forget your umbrella. With a number of different calendar views, from a year view all the way down to a day view including text views, there's enough on offer here to tailor your experience to just how you like it. DigiCal goes beyond any other calendar out there, and with the new Material Design update, it marries good-looking interface design with a long, long list of features that many will find appealing. For some, there might be a little too much on offer here, but you're never pushed into using something more complicated than you need it, and everything is easily customizable.
- Speed (4/5) - Despite its myriad of features, DigiCal is a quick affair and works just great on the majority of hardware that we tested it on.
- Features (5/5) - With so many different calendar views, innovative RSVP and invites, all the widgets you could ask for and more, there's so much on offer here that it makes you wonder whether or not you'd ever need another calendar app.
- Theme (5/5) - This new version of DigiCal brings with it a fresh new look and feel with the new Material Design and it looks great. It's customizable as it ever was, yet it's cleaner and more approachable all at the same time.
- Overall (5/5) - With a fresh new look and feel, DigiCal has everything you need to keep track of a busy lifestyle, and do so in style with added information.
- New Material Design look and feel makes DigiCal feel modern again and there are no gaps in the new design.
- Added information like weather forecast and image matching to activities and locations helps make your calendar feel more complete.
- Doesn't take long to customize and create your own calendar, suited to your life and how you best like to view things.
- Many different calendar views and different widgets make it super-easy to find the information you need in the way you like it.
- Might be a little too much for the everyday, average user.
- More precise location matching would be nice to see.
DigiCal's latest update brings with it a fresh new Material Design and it works wonders. DigiCal has been around for a long time now, and it's always been known for lots of different views and customization options. That doesn't change in this latest version, but what does is that DigiCal is now easier to use and more approachable. If you're a fan of Material Design and need a calendar to help keep track of your busy days, then DigiCal is something for you. To mark the release of their new Material Design update, DigiCal is offering 50% off of DigiCal+, which unlocks all the extra customization and widgets, as well as an extended weather trial when you sign for a yearly license.