World Weather Forecast is an Android app that tries to do what other Weather apps haven't through an innovative and professional high-end design. It does this by putting all the info in one screen. Having become a popular and recommended app on iOS, it's now available on Android with a 1 Million or more downloads already. World Weather Forecast lets you find out what the weather is doing anywhere in the world, and will find a webcam if there's one available to show you in real time. Information that you can find out with World Weather Forecast includes Current Temperature, Current Condition, Wind, Humidity, Dewpoint, Pressure, Radar and even Hurricane Warnings. With World Weather Forecast, you can get the forecast for the next 36 hours by each hour and there are more features available than these listed above. So let's take a closer look, shall we?
As with everything else, you need to download World Weather Forecast from the Play Store. Then, after a little wait, you should the forecast for your current location as I did.
Right away, you can see that there's a full week's forecast here, as well as extra info you don't get with other apps like Humidity, Pressure, Scattered Clouds and Windspeed. You can also quickly change from Celsius to Fahrenheit easily, too. The neat pop-out menu appears from the side to offer up a good amount of options and features. You can use the heart icon to save locations for later and there are widgets that display different locations you can use as well.
From here, you can search for whichever location you want to take a look at no matter where you are in the world:
You can use World Weather Map to view a webcam of the area if there's one available. I can say that this one of Nottingham's weather was spot on, and a nice feature to have. You can view Radar information as well with a number of different layers that you can choose from.
There's a nice widget available as well, which shows off a lot of information and such, including multiple locations. I have it setup for home, but you can change it for whatever you like.
What's nice about World Weather Map is that it will let you know upfront just what the app is doing with your data, which as it turns out, is not much.
World Weather Forecast might not do much more than other weather apps out there in the Play Store, but there's no denying it's slick and simple to use. These days, it appears that weather apps are trying too hard to offer too many features, many of which the average user just isn't interested by. Here however, the developers have taken a more levelheaded approach, and have delivered the key things people want from a weather forecast and have then neatly put it together into an app. It's nice and easy to use, and there are no hoops to go through here, it just works. I do wish that the radar feature seemed to work a little better, but I had no issues with the fun webcam feature. Overall, I like World Weather Forecast, but it could do with some extra features and perhaps even the ability to theme the overall look of the app.
- Speed (3.5/5) - I found that the app took quite some time to load in some parts and I was waiting a long time for the maps to load.
- Features (4/5) - All of the right boxes are ticked here, but there's not much that World Weather Forecast does that isn't available in other apps, sadly.
- Theme (4/5) - I really like this minimal look and feel to the whole theme here, it's simple, yet also packed with information and a professional feel.
- Overall (4/5) - I wish that there were a little more to it, but on the whole this is a solid Android app that gets the job done.
- Simple and easy to use without any hassle.
- Offers up a good amount of accurate information all in one display, meaning no need to scroll.
- Allows users to see a radar or webcam look at the current weather.
- Offers up weather from all over the world and its free without in app purchase.
- Nice widget for multiple locations.
- Isn't quite as quick I thought it would be.
- Could do with some extra features here and there.
World Weather Forecast is not a weather app to break the mould, instead it's a slick, professional-feeling weather app that just works. Using accurate info and offering a quick and easy way to see an image of the weather wherever you've chosen to look, there's a lot on offer here. It's all neatly wrapped up in a good-looking package that's easy to use as well.