Facebook and Twitter have become huge parts of our daily lives as our smartphones have become ingrained in the day-to-day. For many of us, Facebook is the main way that people connect with each other and catch up after long periods of silence, but it can also be a place where old flames, old friends or just strangers use to keep an eye on you and generally spy on you. Of course, the best way to reduce this is to make sure your privacy settings are tightly controlled and you only accept friends you actually know, but then we’re all guilty of having old partners and friends added. Who Viewed My Profile is an Android app that can simply tell you who has been looking at your profile, and it does so in a simple and accessible manner.
To get started with Who Viewed My Profile, you of course need to make sure that you have an active Facebook profile. Then, you can either download the free or paid version of the app. Once you have done, you can get started.
Then, you’ll need to go ahead and log in to your Facebook profile.
When you do so, you’ll be notified that the app won’t post anything to your Facebook feed, so that nobody will actually know if you’re using this app or not.
So, did it work? Well, I have no absolute concrete way to find that out, but the results of who has been viewing my profile seem about right:
This list of the Top 4 includes my girlfriend, best friend and his girlfriend so this is about what I would have expected, really. You get a list of Top 100 viewers with the paid app, which is good fun to look through.
You might be wondering just what the difference is between the free and paid versions of this little app are, and well, the free version doesn’t present you with everyone who has been looking at your profile.
I’m not a big Facebook user, but Who Viewed My Profile was a fun eye-opener for me. To see the people that have been viewing my profile was actually pretty interesting. The top few results were fairly unsurprising, which actually leads me to believe that this is a little more accurate than I might have at first thought. The rest of the results in the Top 10 and 20 were genuinely surprising to me, and interesting to think about. We all have friend and ex-lovers still added to our Facebook profiles as we don’t want to seem rude or just can’t let go, so this is a good way of showing who is looking at your profile. The only real complaints here are that the paid version is a little pricey considering it doesn’t offer much more than showing who is viewing your profile, and that there are other apps out there that do similar things.
- Speed (4/5) – The initial load took a little while, but after that it opened quickly and showed me the results in a speedy fashion.
- Theme (4/5) – The overall look and feel is fairly inoffensive, everything is easily made out and the list is easy to read.
- Features (3.5/5) – If you just want to find out who has been viewing your profile, then this will get the job done, but it doesn’t do much more than that, sadly.
- Overall (4/5) – This isn’t something for everyone, but Who Viewed My Profile is something that I’m sure a lot of people will be very happy with.
- Super-simple and easy to use, just log in and let it do its thing.
- Doesn’t post anything to your Facebook feed, and your friends won’t know that you’re using such an app.
- Paid version doesn’t ask for any of your information, just login directly through Facebook.
- Does exactly what it says it does, in my experience the results seemed to add up.
- Paid version could be considered a little pricey.
- Doesn’t offer functionality that other apps don’t already have, but this seems 100% accurate.
Who Viewed My Profile is not app that everyone will need or even want to use, but it’s something I’m sure a lot of people will enjoy using, and it does what it promises to do. Finding out who has been looking at your Facebook profile could be a good way of making sure you unfriend those you no longer want looking at your profile and the results might surprise you.