SelfieMap is an Android app that’s designed to make sharing your location or your activity fun again. Rather than using the boring options available on Facebook or the “me too” settings from FourSquare, SelfieMap puts you in control of how you let people know where you are and what you’re doing, it also makes it nice and easy to share personalised Selfies with your friends and family online. SelfieMap features emoji as well as text stamps allowing you to add a “Wish you were here!” or a “Look where I am!” to any of your favourite pics and images. Sharing these images is super-easy and SelfieMap is a fun way of making more of those selfies we seem to be taking so many. Below is a YouTube video showing what’s on offer:
To get started, you just have to download SelfieMap from the Play Store. Using SelfieMap is pretty easy, and one thing that I liked right away is that you don’t need to take a photo there and then, you can select something from your gallery. This is good if you’ve just gone to watch a film or just come out from a concert and wanted to share after the event.
The interface to search the gallery is ice and easy to use, with all the different folders neatly lined up on the side.
I’ve chosen a shot of myself in some nice, fancy new headphones:
Included in the free version is the option to choose from a number of different frames for your selfie.
You can add as many photos to a SelfieMap selfie as you’d like, even in the free version.
You’re given the option to crop your image, which is a necessity in today’s age of portrait photos, You can also add a caption to your image as well:
There’s a decent supply of fonts on offer as well:
As well as this, you can also add emoji to an image, too.
For my headphone selfie I would perhaps choose music notes or money to jokingly show how much I had spent on them. There’s more that you can do however, you can search for any location in the world and then put your selfie there on the map, expressing a wish to go there or something similar!
You can choose to display the map however you like, including satellite and train views.
It would appear however, that if you want to get access to these features, you need to upgrade to the full version of SelfieMap.
The free version does offer up features like multiple photos on one image, the ability to search anywhere in the world and even change the map view. However, there could be more features here, but the full version of the app is far, far from expensive.
SelfieMap is something that tries to offer users something a little different, and it does do just that. SelfieMap allows users to creatively express where they are, what they’ve been up to or what they’re about to do. it all comes together really well, and offers a lot of features – should you choose to pay for the full version of course. There’s not much on offer in the free version, which is something of a disappointment, but developers do need to make money. For the creative types out there, SelfieMap allows users to spend time creating something they’e genuinely proud of, rather than simply updating their status on Facebook. With this, people can take that selfie just that little bit further to introduce something really special.
- Speed (4/5) – SelfieMap runs nice and speedy, with no complaints on performance.
- Features (4/5) – The free version needs a few more features, but you can still do a lot to your SelfieMap selfie, and the full version is hardly expensive overall.
- Theme (4/5) – Some more font options would be nice, but other than that SelfieMap has everything that you need to really create and share something special.
- Overall (4/5) – The free version might not be all that great, but once you pay the small fee for the full version, SelfieMap opens up a whole lot more to its users and it’s good fun to use as well.
- Allows users to choose any kind of image they want, as well as taking one there and then.
- Doesn’t offer up any pesky ads or anything like that into people’s faces.
- Allows customisation through emoji, fonts and color. This makes it nice and easy to create something unique.
- Makes a nice change from the usual way of checking in somewhere like the poor options from Facebook and co.
- Free version could offer more features.
- More fonts on offer would give users more to work with.
SelfieMap is the kind of app that isn’t going to be for everyone, but it has a lot on offer, but for those looking to share special moments or occasions with people, then this is a good option. It allows users to express themselves with colorful background, their own slogans or messages as well as fun emoji, too. If you have something to share with the world, then SelfieMap is one of the better apps out there.