MoboMarket is an Android app that's also an app store that's been going for three years now, celebrating its anniversary this year. It's an app store that features all of the latest apps and games from reputable developers and it ranks these apps nice and easily for people to discover the best apps out there. It also features the ability to clean up your phone and make things run a little faster with a built-in cleaner app. A one-stop-shop for all of your app and game discovery needs, and more, MoboMarket has a lot on offer, so let's take a look at the latest version here.
To start finding new apps and games with MoboMarket, you'll need to download it to your device. To do that, just head on over to the MoboMarket website. Once installed, you'll be welcomed to the app.
One thing I didn't like was the fact that there were some apps basically pushed onto me as soon as I opened up the app, I did not want to download these apps, yet MoboMarket was asking me to before I had even looked at any other apps.
Taking a look at the 'Focus' pane, which appears to be for apps, you can see the app store is fairly clean and easy to use.
Both apps and games can be sorted through by using categories which is nice and neat as well.
Something that sets MoboMarket apart from the Play Store would be rankings that seem a little more natural. For instance, here's a look at the best games of July.
Now, I am going to find a game and then go ahead and download it. I've settled on Subway Surfers.
When you download a game, you'll have to install it using the built-in Android APK installer, which can be something of an annoyance, but it does open up your eyes to the sort of permissions that these apps and games ask for.
MoboMarket certainly feels like a well-established Android market, and after three years it definitely should do. I didn't really care for the extra features though, like a cleaning app built-in to the Android app.
Thankfully, you can turn this, as well as other features off in the settings if you wanted to.
Everything in MoboMarket is nice and easy to find, and everything is laid out well, too. In this new version they've added the ability to use the app in Hindi as well as Traditional Chinese. Alongside that comes a whole new UI and a much speedier experience, making finding all your new favourite apps a breeze.
After spending some time with MoboMarket, I can definitely see why having an option like this is good for Android. However, there needs to be some toning down made to this latest app. Having a handful of apps forced upon me when I first installed the app was less than pleasant. Having got past that though, it was refreshing to move around an app store that doesn't feature the usual, see-through app recommendations from Google or Amazon. Everything was easy to navigate, and the new UI really works quite nicely. All-in-all though, I was displeased with the pushy extras in the form of the included cleaning app and the app suggestions. Of course, these can be toned in the settings though, which is nice.
- Speed (4/5) - MoboMarket opens faster than before and app downloads are much quicker as well.
- Features (4/5) - The overall selection of apps and games is really good, and the app is a joy to use. However, the pushy app suggestions when you first open the market up aren't exactly ideal and the added cleaning app is confusing.
- Theme (4/5) - The new UI in MoboMarket looks good, and it's now easier than ever to search and find something new and fresh.
- Overall (4/5) - If the suggested installs and cleaning app side of things could be toned down, even just a little bit, then MoboMarket would be a lot better, but as it stands it's already an excellent alternative.
- Features all the same apps and games as the Google and Amazon stores do.
- Great way of finding something new that you wouldn't have found in the Play Store or Amazon's App Store.
- Makes it nice and easy to download and install new apps and games for free.
- Doubles as a cleaning app if that's the sort of thing you like.
- App suggestions can come across as a little pushy.
- Not everyone will appreciate the included cleaner app which does tend to get working on its own.
Overall, MoboMarket is a great resource, it's a great way of finding new apps and games that you might not on your own, and it's well worth looking into. As for the pushy app suggestions, well everyone needs to make money, and nothing is done without your approval beforehand. Apps and games are supplied by reputable developers, and everything just works nice and quickly. With Chinese and Hindi now added, MoboMarket gets a little better, while offering the same great service. To try it out for yourself, just head on over to the MoboMarket website.