A few months ago, EE started giving out free Power Bar portable chargers to customers. It's a small portable charger that can help you get your phone through the day. The portable charger appeared to be a great gesture by EE - which is the result of the merger between Orange and T-Mobile UK a few years ago - as you're basically getting a free charger that can keep your phone charged up. However, it appears that the Power Bar actually gets warm and even explodes. In fact, one EE customer tweeted a picture of their hand after the Power Bar exploded in their hand. You can check that out in the sources section below, if you really want too.
EE is asking that all customers stop using the Power Bar chargers immediately and return them to their nearest EE store immediately. EE will replace these Power Bars as soon as they know what's going on here. The carrier believes that units with different model numbers might be affected. They also believe that it might just be a batch that's bad, but nonetheless they are recalling all Power Bars that they have given out. At least until it can restock with some Power Bars that won't catch on fire in your hand.
If you really need to pick yourself up a portable battery pack, I'd recommend checking out our top 10 battery packs. Lots of great options there, and some are as low as £10. Which isn't a bad price at all. We'll cross our fingers and hope that no one else gets injured from these Power Bars from EE. This is the second recall in a little over a week regarding a device overheating. First up was the NVIDIA Shield Tablet, and now the EE Power Bar. Wonder what's going on with manufacturing lately?
Again, if you did pick up a EE Power Bar, make sure you return it to your nearest EE Store as soon as possible. So you won't be in danger of it catching on fire, or worse, exploding in your hand. That's the worst thing that any of us want.