File Expert with Clouds is a file explorer for Android that has recently been updated to a whole new version with a fresh Material Design, new features and a performance boost. Many of you might already know File Expert with Clouds as it has been available for some time. It offers a customizable homepage, a comprehensive file manager capable of heavy compression of files, network file management, quick deletion of large files to free up space, root support, media management and more. This latest version has a fresh new look and feel and will blend in with devices running the latest and greatest versions of Android.
If you've yet to use File Expert with Clouds before, then you can download it from the Play Store. An introduction to the new version will then appear.
The default homepage of the app looks this:
Right away you can see that the Material Design is evident, and it looks fresh and colorful. Recent photos are shown here, and if you like you can customize what's displayed here.
Different views of File Expert with Clouds are easily accessed with swipes, just as with any other modern Android app. Here's a look at the categories view:
The categories app can be used to easily find certain file types on your device, without having to go through directories. The Clouds area is what gives File Expert with Clouds its name as you can use it to manage all of these cloud storage services in one place.
There are other tools available here as well, like network tools for FTP and Samba (Windows network) shares.
First and foremost, File Expert with Clouds is a file explorer app for Android, and this shows in its easy-to-use file manager:
You can change the view and how these files and folders are sorted as well.
Searching for anything by name is really easy, and the history is display as well.
One of the main reasons that people install an app like File Expert with Clouds is the ability to quickly delete a lot of data to free up some space. File Expert with Clouds makes this nice and easy by showing you the size of files and folders and how much will be freed when you delete them all.
There's so much on offer with File Expert with Clouds, and now that the new 7.0 version has a whole new look and feel to it. The Material Theme here works really well when used on my Moto X, and the whole app is super-easy to navigate and make your way around. Managing any type of file or folder with File Expert with Clouds is simple, and it's the sort of file explorer that any kind of user will be able to use, not just those tech-savvy users. You don't have to know where directories or what they mean to get some use out of File Expert with Clouds which is a good thing, as it widens the appeal of the app to a lot of people. I was impressed with how good this latest update of the app is, and it continues to offer some of the best selection of file browsing features available on the market.
- Speed (4/5) – Runs nice and quickly, offering a good selection of time-savers as users play with things.
- Theme (5/5) – The new Material Design raises File Expert with Clouds above the others like it, and helps it to blend in with pretty much every latest Android smartphone.
- Features (4/5) – Pretty much everything you could want is here, a little more focus on the network features would be nice, but the cloud storage support is excellent and this is something all users can enjoy.
- Overall (4.5/5) – With pretty much every feature that you could need and a slick new Material Design theme to it, File Expert with Clouds is back and better than ever.
- Nice and neat user interface that's easily broken up into concise sections.
- Search feature helps users find whatever they need right away.
- Cloud storage option makes File Expert with Clouds one app to do it all with.
- Root users are still represented quite happily.
- App suggestions aren't our favorite thing to see in an app like this.
- Stronger network tools outside of cloud storage would be nice to see.
On the whole, there's a lot on offer with File Expert with Clouds and the new Material Design looks great, and runs well, too. It's an excellent way of finding out what you need to delete or move without having to jump through hoops and while I wish that there were no app suggestions, this is a free app and everything that File Expert with Clouds is free for its users.