Escape Challenge 014 is an Android game that blends point and click adventure with hidden object puzzle solving. One title in a long running series, Escape Challenge 014 is a game that asks you to imagine that you’ve been placed into a hellish dream world, and tasks you with getting out by solving puzzles and collecting items to aid in your escape. Escape Challenge 014 is a game that features autosave, a timer to let you know how long it’s taking you to clear the levels and more. There are many more games in this series available from the EscapeGamez developer catalog that you can find it here.
Just as with other games, you’ll need to download Escape Challenge 014 from the Google Play Store. Once done, you’ll be ready to get playing.
There is something of an introduction to the game, but there’s some really poor English being used here, and it sort of detracts from the experience a little.
The gameplay area is a pretty simple one, it gives you a layout of the area, your inventory, how long you’ve been playing this current puzzle, and a little extra.
You can choose to view a certain up close, which often leads to you securing an item needed for a puzzle or something similar.
In each level, there are puzzles that you need to solve in order to progress further, and these form a sort of hidden object, collect them all gameplay element. The more you explore your surroundings, the more likely you are to be able to finish a puzzle.
This particular game in the series, Escape Game 014 features a number of environments and such that have a sort of Hell look and feel to them, and for the most part the artwork is fairly good.
These sort of hidden object, point-and-click adventure games are nothing new, really, and people have been porting them from old Windows games on Android for years already. As such, Escape Game 014 doesn’t feel all that fresh a game. Now, having said that there is a good game underneath the janky menu and constant ads, it’s a little difficult and there are very few hints to help you out, but if you prefer games with a slower pace and some genuine difficulty to them, then Escape Game 014 won’t disappoint. Besides, there are many other games out there from the same developer and in the same series, so there’s more where this game from. I just wish that it looked better on my Nexus 9 and that there wasn’t much to the game overall.
- Speed (4/5) – Escape Game 014 ran just fine on my tablet, and the pacing was nice and relaxed.
- Features (3/5) – If you were hoping for a game that has completely new mechanics and such in it, then you’d be disappointed, but if you want something that’s going to keep you entertained and occupied then this will do the trick.
- Theme (3.5/5) – The ads that are constantly on show really sour things, but otherwise the artwork is pretty decent here.
- Overall (3.5/5) – A decent game that needs some polish to make it recommendable for everyone, Escape Game 014 is a nice hidden object puzzler.
- Doesn’t give users lots of hints, making this a game for those looking for something genuinely challenging.
- Hand-drawn artwork looks good, and creates a dark atmosphere.
- Puzzles will keep players on their toes, and make the most of the environments.
- Other games in the series will keep players coming back for more.
- Constant ads in the gameplay area will turn some players off from playing the game.
- Needs polish to look better on higher-resolution displays, and the English could be better, too.
All-in-all, Escape Game 014 is something that might not appeal to everyone, but there’s a lot on offer for fans of hidden object games and adventure games. If you’re looking for something genuinely challenging, that doesn’t ask too much of you, then Escape Game 014 is a good game and you can find more like it here.