Gunship Carrier Helicopter 3D is an Android game that puts you in the pilot’s seat of a rescue Helicopter. Tasking you with carrying supplies across the ocean, carrying wounding soldiers to field hospitals and more. As a simulator game, Gunship Carrier Helicopter 3D asks that you approach each mission with care and calculation, rather than just wild abandon. Each level presents you with a slightly different challenge, and everything is rendered using 3D models with some careful sound effects to make it feel like you’re in the cockpit. Free to play, Gunship Carrier Helicopter 3D is a game that features a lot of cool features, like the ability to fix an altitude as well as simple controls for beginners.
This being an Android game, you can download Gunship Carrier Helicopter 3D from the Play Store. Once you have done, you’re free to get started.
There are a number of levels to choose from in Gunship Carrier Helicopter 3D and it doesn’t take long to get into the game.
For those that don’t know how to play, there’s an easily digested outline of the controls for new players to deal with.
As you can see, that’s quite a way away, and after some time, I did come quite close to landing my Helicopter.
However, upon my final approach I ended up tipping my cargo all over the place.
One neat thing about Gunship Carrier Helicopter 3D is that you can choose from a myriad of different camera views, like this cockpit view for example:
Over time, you will get better at the game, and the different weather conditions that create a different atmosphere for each level will help create an exciting and challenging feel for players.
There’s a lot on offer Gunship Carrier Helicopter 3D, it plays well and the controls are responsive and easy to play with. However, the presentation definitely needs some work. The sound effects, including the voiceovers on the radios, help create a great atmosphere however, everything else is decidedly low-resolution. From the icons and text in the menus to the controls and hints while in game, it’s all very low-resolution and on a 1080p device it really doesn’t look great. Changing all the text and icons to high-resolution assets would make this game look much, much better. The 3D models are pretty good on their own, and the gameplay is calculated and good fun. For those looking for something a little more challenging, that requires more thinking, Gunship Carrier Helicopter 3D is a good game to try out.
- Speed (4/5) – Gunship Carrier Helicopter 3D runs great, and will work well on even lower-end devices.
- Theme (3/5) – The sound effects here are great fun, but the text and icons are all very jagged and low-resolution, sadly.
- Features (4/5) – Gameplay is solid, simple to get to grips yet hard to master. It’s a challenging simulator that doesn’t take itself too seriously, but offers a more considered approach to gaming.
- Overall (4/5) – Altogether, Gunship Carrier Helicopter 3D is a good game, and it’s something I’m sure a lot of players looking for more of a challenge will really enjoy.
- Works well on lower-end devices, and the 3D models all look good no matter what.
- Simple and easy to use controls helps players focus on the gameplay, rather than getting caught up in the control scheme.
- Great game for those looking for more of a challenge, and dare I say it, older players.
- Voice overs add a fun feel to the game further making it all seem a little more real.
- Icons and text is very low-resolution and almost blurry on high-end devices with 1080p or above displays.
- Might not appeal to those looking for something with a little more action in it.
Gunship Carrier Helicopter 3D is a fun, indie game that’s got some great gameplay to it. Far too often we are told by games that flying a Helicopter or driving a truck is easy, when it’s not. This and other games from etmgames offer us a more realistic approach to handling vehicles, and for anyone that’s more interested in Helicopters more than just Call of Duty should give this game a go.