Sync.me is a popular Caller ID and blocker app that can also bring all of your contacts together into one central place. Covering Facebook, LinkedIn and your own contacts, Sync.ME has a lot to work with, and it can help to display better images when someone rings thanks to its innovative Caller ID functions. With Sync.ME you can also block spam numbers, block certain numbers of your choosing and do the same for SMS messages, helping you to keep your device clean. Great for Birthday reminders, as well as big events like a new job from Facebook, you'll never miss a beat with Sync.ME and you'll also keep pesky numbers at bay, too. Let's take a closer look, shall we?
First thing's first, if you're new to Sync.ME, then you'll need to get things going. Which means you'll need to download Sync.ME from the Play Store and then sign in or sign up for an account.
There's no way to sign in with a Google+ account, which I feel is a bit of a missed opportunity, but many users will turn to their Facebook accounts as it is.
Once you've chosen what you want to sign in with, you'll have to wait for Sync.ME to do its magic, you're able to add another network whenever you like from the Dashboard, too.
Once Sync.ME has worked its magic, your contact list will be updated with more information, and if it find a direct match, it'll add this information to your contact listing for that person.
One of the kew features of Sync.ME is the ability to display a profile picture when they ring. This makes it nice and easy to figure out who it is calling. Sync.ME is an excellent Caller ID app, and as such, it can really help you identify who's calling by using your contacts list as well as other results from the web.
Key aspects of the app you can control, like the Call Blocker. You can choose to block some common culprits as well as manually define numbers of your own. Sync.ME is one of the better call blocking apps for Android, and is a great reason to try out Sync.ME.
The same goes for the Caller ID settings as well, which is one of the main draws of Sync.ME, especially for those with busy LinkedIn networks, it can really make a difference.
Sync.ME keeps all this information together is a sort of Google Now-esque dashboard, with all the new updates from contacts as well as recent calls.
With a long, long list of helpful features Sync.ME is a rare app in that it does quite a lot, but the user has to do very little to get the most out of it. In a nutshell, you just have to add your accounts and let Sync.ME do its magic. Now, for me, I would have liked to have seen a Google+ option within the app as I really don't like using Facebook for anything. For those with a busy life on Facebook and a lot of work stuff going on where LinkedIn is concerned, Sync.ME makes a lot of sense and will bring order to the chaos of a busy, connected lifestyle. The spammer function is really quite helpful too, as it makes it nice and easy to avoid nuisance calls, thanks to others that have flagged the same number.
- Speed (4/5) - Sync.ME doesn't take long to get set up and it constantly keeps things up-to-date saving you time.
- Features (4/5) - Forget about keeping your contacts organized, this is one of the best call blocking apps on Android, and its Caller ID is great, too.
- Theme (4/5) - Sync.ME has a nice Material Design theme on Android, and it's easy to use and navigate as well.
- Overall (4/5) - A great app that keeps everything neat and tidy, while also dodging spammers and generally keeping you up-to-date, Sync.ME is worth having installed if you're a busy bee.
- Gets to work quickly, saving you time in the long run.
- Stops spam calls while also giving you the ability to control which numbers are blocked and which aren't.
- Caller ID function makes it nice and simple to know who is ringing you, with the help of LinkedIn it can really help bring order to the chaos of all those contacts.
- Makes it easier than ever to get a picture lined up for your favorite contacts.
- No Google+ option inside of the Android app.
- Doesn't match up with as many Facebook friends as I thought it would.
Sync.ME isn't perfect, few applications are after all, however if you're fed up of having to reorganize your phonebook every few months, then you need this in your life. It's really easy to get to grips with and while I wish there was a Google+ option, many more of my friends are on Facebook and the LinkedIn option works great as well. All-in-all, this is an app that will prevent headaches, keep you informed and weed out those pesky spam callers and help you block other numbers of your choice.