Mouse in the House is an Android app that lets you create funny photos of your house with different creatures like a mouse, bird or cat and then send them to someone. You can also simulate damages to property like a smashed window or something similar like graffiti or even intruders! It's a fun app that's designed to be good fun and a quick and easy app to work with. There are lots of different effects to choose from and you can easily scale them to make them look realistic or create funny scenarios. Let's take a closer look, shall we.
As with other Android apps, Mouse in the House can be found at the Play Store and is free to download. It's really simple and easy to use, all you need to do is to follow the step-by-step instructions.
Once you've taken your photo, you can easily choose from one of many effects and apply it to your image.
There's a great deal of effects on offer, but I chose to go with the mouse for this one. You can pinch-to-zoom making the item smaller or larger, and you can drag it be anywhere you'd like within a scene.
You can also change the look of the photo with things like transparency and brightness, too. This was a decent attempt of mine, but I thought I could do even better and by using a different pose I was able to come up with this:
I'm pretty sure that mice aren't supposed to use the cat flap! It would be nice if there were captions available to add to these photos, but you can always add a funny or fake message when sharing the finished product. Those a little more adventurous could try for the damage effects.
- Speed (4/5) - Mouse in the House works great, and it takes just a few moments to create something funny and entertaining to send someone.
- Theme (4/5) - The interface is perfectly easy to use, and while it could do with an updated look, there's little to complain about.
- Features (4/5) - For a free app, Mouse in the House has a lot on offer and it's good natured fun, just as long as you don't give someone a heart attack, of course.
- Overall (4/5) - A simple and entertaining app that doesn't ask for too much, Mouse in the House is well worth taking a look at, and it's free to do so, too.
- Works well on even lower-end hardware allowing everyone to have fun with the app.
- Doesn't ask too much of its users, it's just easy to get going and have fun with!
- Easy to save and share the finale results with people.
- Lots of different creature and damage effects to choose from, making this a flexible app to work with.
- Frequency of ads can be a little too much at times.
- Overall quality of the finished photo could be a bit better.
Mouse in the House is a fun app that I'm sure families and friends will find really entertaining. There's something universally appealing about sending a photo of say some graffiti on the outside of the house to someone that hates graffiti. The same goes for those afraid of animals like cats and dogs. It's easy to use, free to download and it doesn't take long at all to create and share a somewhat convincing photo to someone to have a little fun with.