BookieBoost is an Android app that's sort of like a do-it-all guide and helpful utility to those that spend a lot of time betting online in the UK. It features handy links to all of the major UK betting sites, such as William Hill, TitanBet and Paddy Power. More than that though, it collects all of those addresses, their special offers, their welcome offers and more all in one simple app. It's like a who's who of bookies in one app. There's also live scores as well as neat utilities to help work out your Footie Acca bets as well as help calculate your horse racing bets.
First things first, you'll need to download BookieBoost. Sadly, it's not available in the Google Play Store, presumably because Google think responsible adults cannot be trusted with their own money. Either way, it's easily downloaded from the BookieBoost website with clear and easily understood instructions. Once you've downloaded the app, just go ahead and open her up.
There are basically four options for you here, and they're mostly pretty obvious. Selecting the "Free Bets" menu entry will show you all the free credit offers the big bookies are running online.
Claiming one of these offers takes you straight to the relevant page in your default web browser. What's nice about this is that there's no heading to William Hill and trying to find the page, it just takes you there. Sharing these offers with your mates is super-easy as well.
Breaking away from the special offers, there are tools found in BookieBoost as well. There's a Horse Bet Calculator as well as a Football Acca tool. The "Bet Tools" option also includes links to scores and such online, too.
To some, the bet calculator tools will prove a little daunting, but they certainly get the job done, and if you're planning a weekend combination bet, then you'll be glad to have these tools available whenever and wherever you are.
As we mentioned earlier, there's a neat little addition in BookieBoost to show you all the live football scores right there in one app. It also shows fixtures, results and has player and team stats.
Last but not least is the ability to quickly load up whichever betting site you like all from just one app.
BookieBoost is an excellent name for this little gem, and while the app does appear a little basic in its appearance, it's crazy useful. For one thing, the Android apps for a lot of the sites featured here are basically just dressed up websites, so why not just go to the websites? For another, BookieBoost helps users take advantage of special offers that they might otherwise not have heard of and, instead of having to bring up each site whenever they want to take a bet, they can find everything they need in just one app. Why this isn't allowed in the Play Store I have no idea, while their policies prevent gambling apps, this is more of a utility than a gambling app. Nevertheless, that shouldn't put you off, BookieBoost is essentially the middleman, an incredibly useful and helpful middleman that will make your betting experience on Android much, much better.
- Speed (5/5) – The app itself runs really quickly, and it speeds up the whole process of setting a bet.
- Features (4/5) – The bookie mobile sites featured maybe could have been made to open from some kind of an in-app browser to keep everything inside the app. However, that would have meant that users could only access one betting site at a time – hence opening each one in a new window is probably better. Anyway, this doesn't really detract from being an essential app for keen betters.
- Theme (4/5) – The app does come across as a little dated in the looks department, but really couldn't be much easier to use.
- Overall (4/5) – As an app that extends your overall online experience, BookieBoost works wonders and it's a great way of saving time and keeping your Android device free of many different apps.
- Keeps all of the major bookie sites in one place, keeping everything neat and tidy together.
- Makes it nice and easy to keep track of special offers that you might otherwise have missed.
- Football Accumulator calculator and Horse Racing calculator will help people make up their minds no matter where they are.
- Nice app for those new to online betting to get into as it easily shows who has the best welcome offers and such.
- Could do with a fresh coat of paint, especially with Android 5.0 Lollipop on almost half of all Android devices now.
- Would be more compact if the bookie sites would load within BookieBoost itself, but this is not a big deal at all as it means you can access multiple bookies simultaneously.
It's a real shame that BookieBoost isn't available in the Play Store any longer since the big G increased their anti-betting control guidelines, but that shouldn't put you off. There's a lot on offer in BookieBoost and it's a small, but mighty little tool to streamline your overall experience as well as make sure that you don't miss out on a special offer or welcome offer ever again. With links to scores as well as neat betting tools as well, BookieBoost should be a must-have for betting enthusiasts in the UK. As we said earlier, it's available for Android from the BookieBoost website and Betting Appstore.