REBUS is an Android game that challenges your brain in ways that no other Android game will. It's a game that test how logical your brain is, and whether or not you're the sort of person that can draw a logical conclusion to a clue. It's not a game that you can succeed at simply by being smart, or good at Math or an excellent speller, instead it throws cryptic clues at you and asks you to come up with a logical answer. There are hints you can purchase with coins earned by answering questions, and over time you should find yourself thinking about things differently.
Getting to play REBUS is nice and simple, all you need to do is download the game from the Play Store and load it up.
You can access instructions on how to play the game from the settings menu, or when you first start playing. These pointers will let you know how to play the game, and what to expect from REBUSES, the name given to this logical puzzles.
It's sort of like having to think outside of the box while also processing what is literally in front of you. Those used to solving questions on paper and working things out methodically will find this particularly tricky. You start off with a selection of REBUSES to solve.
Answering these will give you coins, which can be used to clear up the amount of letters and even help you out with a hint.
This is a nice mechanic as it helps you to answer different puzzles and then move on to the next one, giving you more coins to solve more tricky questions. This was a particularly difficult one for me, and for the life of me I still can't figure out why I chose card as the answer.
REBUS is an incredibly difficult game, but not because the questions are hard or because you have to work out some crazy large sums or anything of the sort, but more because the game just keeps on throwing incredibly difficult cryptic clues at you with little to no clue on what the answer could be. I do like the coin mechanic though, as you can use the coins gathered from puzzles you can answer in order to conquer those more difficult questions. For those looking for a game full of brain teasers that will drive you nuts, REBUS certainly fits the bill, and it's got a nice art style that has been put together to a high level of polish.
- Speed (4/5) - REBUS runs nice and quickly, without any troubles on my devices.
- Features (4/5) - If you're interested in games that challenge your brain in ways you might not notice straight away, then REBUS is definitely worth looking into. The cryptic clues can't be learned, and there's no game that you can trick or predict. It's refreshing each time you get a new set of REBUSES to play through, and it's good-natured fun.
- Theme (4/5) - The art style at play here is good-looking, fresh and modern. The game is well-polished and doesn't have the same sort of rough edges as other similar games do.
- Overall (4/5) - REBUS is a solid, entertaining puzzler that will challenge you in ways no other game could. It's tough, completely ridiculous at times, but also excellent fun.
- Works well for bite-sized game sessions on break times or while on the commute to work.
- Coin mechanic helps players that are struggling and also keeps those with a good momentum going.
- REBUSES are both tricky and completely ridiculous at times, but when you get the answer a lot of the time you wonder how you missed it.
- Great game for those not into fancy graphics or maths games and such.
- Gets incredibly difficult really quickly, depending on how your brain works of course.
- Ad placement below the keyboard is a bit of a pain.
While it's not going to be for everyone, REBUS has a lot on offer, and if you're simply fed up with the usual games on Android and you need to work your brain out without resorting to word or math puzzles, then REBUS can help you. I say help, what I really mean is that REBUS will challenge your brain and drive you nuts in the process, but it's definitely worth it depending on how good you become at the game. Not to mention it's one of those games that just begs to be passed around friends and family.