Debt Payoff Planner is an Android app that can help you plan towards becoming debt free. It doesn’t matter which country you’re in, or which cards or anything like that, it’s all dependent on the information that you feed to the app. Debt Payoff Planner doesn’t need to know what you’ve bought or where you’ve bought it, you control all the information in the app. What Debt Payoff Planner does is take a look at your debts and then presents a plan on how you can become debt free. You can choose which credit card, loan or repayment to pay off first according to a number of criteria. All you need to do is enter in your debts, tell the app how much you can afford to pay a month, and it’ll project how those repayments will affect your financial future and when you will able to call yourself debt free. Let’s take a closer look, shall we?
Just like other Android apps available, you’ll need to download Debt Payoff Planner from the Play Store. There is a free version available to try out the app if you wish, too. When you first download and open up the app, you’ll be given an introduction into how to use the app in a step-by-step interactive tutorial.
In the interest of protecting my privacy, let’s just say I owe a certain coffeehouse a lot of money on a tab at 5% interest. Entering all this information is pretty simple from within the app.
You can add multiple debts of course, and it’s best to the monthly due field as the minimum payment you are required to pay back. Once you have added your debts into the app, you can choose how much you want to pay a month.
There are lots of preferences on which debt is paid back first, which is a nice touch.
Once the app has done the number-crunching, it’ll tell you when in the near future you’ll be debt free. Of course, this is just an example with one debt as a little test of the app.
When you add more debts, cards and loans to the amount of things you need to repay, and up the monthly payment, you’ll be surprised at how useful Debt Payoff Planner can really be. When you program in your debts, you can take a look at them in a neat sort of overview as well.
You can easily use Debt Payoff Planner to get a monthly overview on what you’re paying on these debts as well.
Debt Payoff Planner is a fairly powerful tool that can be a big help in helping people realize the consequence of credit card debt and helping people face up to what getting into debt can do to your finances.
I’m not exactly someone who plans on getting into a huge amount of debt in later life, but there’s always going to be things that you’ll need to either put on a credit card or take out a loan for. Like car repairs, buying a car, mortgage repayments and so on. Debt Payoff Planner is more than just a fancy calculator, it can show people what their debt is doing to their finances and more importantly help them realize that it’s not as bad as it might seem. With the new colorful charts, it’s even easier than ever for those a little lost to see what their debt is doing to them and how they can get out of it. Adjusting how much you can pay off a month can make a big difference depending on your interest rate. It’s also nice and easy to take a look at your overall debt repayments and tackle those high interest loans and credit cards before anything else. Simply put, this is a great way of managing your debt and getting a look at what you can realistically do with your finances in the future.
- Speed (4/5) – Debt Payoff Planner runs just fine and getting all your debts and such inputted doesn’t take long at all.
- Features (4/5) – With a simple and easy to use interface that calculates how long it will take to repay everything, as well as helping people understand interest rates and the need to pay off the highest interest off first, Debt Payoff Planner has a lot on offer.
- Theme (4/5) – This is a good-looking app with a modern theme that looks good on the latest versions of Android and it’s nice and easy to use.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid and easy to use app that those looking to get themselves out of debt should seriously look into, Debt Payoff Planner has plenty of features on offer to help people out nice and easily.
- Easy to get set up and use, no need to have a huge understanding on interest and repayments.
- As long as you have a handful of your up-to-date figures to hand, you can easily input the right info to start getting out of debt.
- Breaks everything down nice and simply for you, giving you a clear date when you’ll be debt free.
- Calculates everything you need and clearly shows you the effects of interest on your debts.
- Tips for tackling mortgages or loans that punish early repayments would be nice to see.
- Ready-made forms for popular credit cards like a Citi card would help speed things up when getting started.
In conclusion, Debt Payoff Planner is an app that definitely helps people pay off their debt. It makes it easy to see how long it’s going to take you to pay everything off and helps you adjust things to speed that process up. It’s easy to use, you don’t need to understand how interest or anything works as long as you have up-to-date information then this neat app can really open your eyes and help you tackle your finances for the future. New features are always being added to the app as well, such as colorful charts and bi-weekly payment calculations. The link below takes you to the paid version of the app, but you can try out a free version here.