Pet Store Puppies Slots is an Android game that pretty much describes itself; it’s a slots game that features puppies. It’s a game for those that enjoy casino classics like slots and that sort of thing, but it could also be something for younger people on account of the cute puppies being used throughout the game. You need to match certain types of puppies together in order to win a payout, and there are bonus games as well, with a wheel of fortune style offering appearing quite often as well. Sound effects of dogs barking and growling are used throughout the game as well, and for those looking for a slots game that’s just a little bit softer, and less serious then this could be a decent option.
To start playing for yourself, you’ll of course need to download Pet Store Puppies Slots from the Play Store, and then you’re ready to spin.
When you start the game, you’re given $5,000 of credits to play with, and this does last a fair while, especially if you choose to bet low when starting out. The main screen you’ll see a lot of is of course the Puppy Slots. Here, you can adjust your bet, check up on your credits and even start autospin if you wish to.
When you spin, there’s the usual blurred effect to show that the lines are in fact changing.
When you win, you’ll be shown which lines have aligned in order to give your payout. You’ll see the payout down below, too.
Often, you’ll be eligible to spin a wheel in order to gain a bonus. This happens when there are four or more “Bonus Feature” icons present in the lines. You just need to hit the stop button in order for the wheel to land, and hopefully, you’ll have won something.
There’s a decent selection of prizes available here, and you’ll often be able to boost your credits using this.
You might have noticed the “Puppy Powerup Feature” meter in the corner of the slots display, each time you fill that meter up, you move one step further around a gameboard of sorts that will give you a grand prize when you reach the end of it.
That’s pretty much all there is to the game, and as you can see it’s not the most feature-full slots game available on Android, but it’s a nice change of pace from the super-serious slots out there.
A slots game like this one, that focuses on cute puppies to make the game fun and engaging sounds like a great idea, and in practice this is a far more entertaining slots game than many others however, there doesn’t appear to be much on offer here. Many other slots games now feature different styles and different levels as you continue to win big, but here it seems like you’ll be staring at the same old slot design for a long time. This is a missed opportunity in my eyes, as there are different styles of dogs, or areas where dogs go to visit, like the vets or the park or something like that. Instead, the game seems to be locked to just one view and style all of the time. This isn’t all that great, but there are a lot of graphics and sound effects here that will appeal to a younger audience as well as those looking for something less serious.
- Speed (4/5) – The game runs fine and I never ran into any performance problems.
- Features (3/5) – The general game itself is good natured fun, there’s no need to use real money, and it’s a casual game. However, there isn’t much more to it, it’s the same slot view over and over again, which is a shame when compared to other games.
- Theme (4/5) – I do wish that there were more backgrounds and that sort of thing, but there’s no denying this is a decent-looking game and the sound effects are good fun as well.
- Overall (4/5) – This isn’t a slots game that’s going to be for diehard casino fans, but rather those looking to get their hands on something more casual and something a little lighter.
- Fun, casual slots game for younger and casual players looking for something fun to play.
- No need to spend any real money at all, you win enough credits to keep playing pretty much indefinitely.
- The graphics and cute sound effects are a fun touch.
- Wheel of fortune style bonus is nice to see, but it does appear quite often.
- No different styles or progression to other levels, it’s just the same slot screen.
- Mini games or bonus features other than the wheel would help the game feel better featured.
All-in-all, Pet Store Puppies Slots is a game that’s not designed for the diehard casino player, and is instead something for those looking for something more casual and fun. This is something I can see younger players enjoying, as well as those looking for something less serious. I wish that there were more to the game, but all-in-all this is a simple, yet fun slots game that doesn’t ask too much of the player.