Wear Contacts Copy + dialer is an Android Wear app that makes your Android Wear smartwatch more useful in times of need. We all keep out contacts on our smartphones, and while many of us sync our contacts with Google or some other service, sometimes our phone dies, maybe it's stolen, you lose it or something similar and there's no computer nearby. How do you get your most needed contact information? With Wear Contacts Copy + dialer you can select which contacts you want to see from your watch, and they'll be copied over to your Android Wear device giving you the ability to look up their information even when you're not connected to your Android smartphone.
There are a few things you need before you get started, first of them being of course an Android Wear device, and of course some contact information. Then you can either download the free, ad-supported version of Wear Contacts Copy + dialer here or the pro version which banishes ads and allows you unlimited contacts copied to your watch (the free version only allows two to be copied over). Once you've done that, you can open up the app on your smartphone and choose which contacts you want to copy over to your wrist.
All you need to do is to tick the box next to their name and the contact will be copied to your watch, it's as simple as that. Then, when you need to, just launch the app from your watch.
Inside the app on your watch, contacts you've copied over will appear in alphabetical order. Remember the Pro Version allows for as many contacts as you like.
Touching on their name or picture will then expand to give you their contact information. Here I just have Mr Cameron's phone number, but other information such as emails are displayed here as well.
Wear Contacts Copy + dialer is also a dialer app for Android Wear, so if you're connected to your watch you can easily place a call from your wrist, too. This is great for those that use a Bluetooth headset a lot and ring the same contacts a lot as you can simply choose their name from your wrist without speaking into your watch, which might be preferable to a lot of users.
The uses for Wear Contacts Copy + dialer are many, as it's not just those looking for an easier way to call their favorite contacts from their wrist, but also a way of making sure you're safe in an emergency or something like that. Imagine your smartphone has been taken or you've left it behind, with this you could ring the office, ring your partner to let them know you're okay and more. Being an offline app as well is advantageous as it means you can recall these contacts no matter where you are, even if your phone has ran out of battery. It's also incredibly easy to use, exactly how an Android Wear app should be; there's no messing around here, you just launch it and it just works. You could even use this in business, as it's nice and easy to show off your contact details from your watch, and you can even create contacts on your watch and sync them back to your phone.
- Speed (4/5) – No problems here, Wear Contacts Copy + dialer runs nice and smoothly and it's quick to launch.
- Features (4/5) – It might be revolutionary, but there are a lot of great uses for something like this, and I'm sure many will be able to take advantage of being able to see contacts no matter where they are or what happens to their phone.
- Theme (4/5) – The Material Design icons of the watch app blend in well with Android Wear, but the phone app could do with a little touch up.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid, usable and simple Android Wear app that offers users some great functionality without needing to jump through hoops, Wear Contacts Copy + dialer just works and works well.
- Super-easy to transfer contacts over to your watch from your phone.
- Shows more than just a phone number on your wrist, including email addresses and more.
- Allows for quick and easy dialing from your smartwatch.
- Great in situations where you've lost your phone or you're out of battery and you need to get in touch with colleagues or friends and family.
- Wear Contacts Copy + dialer is a little difficult to load by voice on the watch.
- Free version seems a little restrictive with just 2 contacts allowed to be copied over.
Wear Contacts Copy + dialer is an excellent little Android Wear app and it makes even more use of an otherwise powerful platform found on your wrist. It makes dialing numbers a pinch, and if you've ran out of battery but need to ring your partner or your colleagues, then this makes it nice and easy to remember those important numbers. It helps that it's also super-easy to use, too.